2012 Honda Accord detail.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased this car over a week ago and just got around to giving it a full detail today. I started off with a wash, followed by clay, followed by polish (by hand..this was not fun), then I applied a coat of Optimum Opti Seal. When I got the car I noticed some "hazy" spots....some of these areas buffed out, but areas like the trunk lid and both rear fenders still have this hazy look to them. Its just not as shiny as other areas on the car. I took some pics and will share them below. I also changed the oil, and did an extract and fill on the transmission and p/s fluid reservoir. I used PPPP 0w20 with a Fram Ultra, a Puro Classic clone came off so I am glad I have some quality product in there now. I was also surprised that only 1.25 quarts are able to be extracted from the transmission pan, with my 2006 I could get all 3 quarts out which is the same amount that would drain out from the plug. Anyway here are the pics!
Blue Coral car wash / Meguiars Clay Kit / Meguiars Ultimate Polish / Optimum Opti Seal / RainX glass cleaner...
20150814_1325551_zpss7ddmefn.jpg

20150814_1328161_zpsynktvzdq.jpg

Armour all Tire/Wheel cleaner...worked great! I was surprised how easily the baked on brake dust came off...
20150814_1325341_zpswldtgb7i.jpg

Meguiars Natural Shine protectant / Lexol leather conditioner
20150814_1320071_zpskgcryzx5.jpg

20150814_1327401_zpsv8wutx3l.jpg

Dawn dish soap and a scrub brush
wink.gif

20150814_1318041_zps2lwbq4cf.jpg

This shows the haziness of the trunk area and rear fenders, you see in other pics how the paint still has a nice sheen, but the trunk area just doesn't have the reflective qualities that the rest of the paint does...
20150814_1327101_zpsmp3xatbv.jpg

You need to start different topics to discuss the trunk lid, left rear fender and right rear fender issues. Please start three more topics, otherwise people like Rick in Texas might miss them.

I hope this helps.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
You need to start different topics to discuss the trunk lid, left rear fender and right rear fender issues. Please start three more topics, otherwise people like Rick in Texas might miss them.

I hope this helps.

I was only wanting to put my work on display, I spent 6 hours outside in 90+ degree weather and I thought some might appreciate the pics...if you don't appreciate them thats fine, my feelings wont be hurt. Moving along...

Looks nice.

Just before I get my yearly Safety Inspection done, I clean my vehicle.
Hoping the mechanic will think he better not mess with me.
Had my inspection done last Week - PASSED

The three things i like more than the obvious 'it looks great!"

1. You didn't shine the interior
2. You didn't shine the tires
3. You didn't shine under the hood

Great Job!

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Looks great except fake wood on dash.

I guess its a matter of taste, I like how it breaks up the cabin. For me it gives it a more upscale feel. To each there own
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: wemay

Great Job!

I hate to disappoint but I did shine the interior....but I use Meguiars Natural Shine so its not so glossy or greasy, it has scotch guard in the formula so I like to think it helps protect against the heavy UV's we have here.

Looks great. You'll have to just be happy with how the paint looks and not pay too much attention to the hazy spots. White isn't a gorgeous color with depth and everything. Just wash, wax, and keep it looking good. No need to make it perfect, nobody but you will ever notice the hazy spots.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: wemay

Great Job!

I hate to disappoint but I did shine the interior....but I use Meguiars Natural Shine so its not so glossy or greasy, it has scotch guard in the formula so I like to think it helps protect against the heavy UV's we have here.

I'll forgive you.
grin2.gif

But seriously, natural shine or cleanliness is fine. It's those ultra greasy, blinding glare product(s) i can do without. Again, as you said...'to each their own'as i know some folks love that look.

wink.gif

THAT, i find very impresive.
Is there anything special about your brush or that dish soap?

Originally Posted By: cazi

wink.gif

THAT, i find very impresive.
Is there anything special about your brush or that dish soap?

Nope...just the orange dawn dish soap and a brush that I bought today to clean the rims...I hosed it down with water then made a bucket of soapy water then used that soapy mixture to clean away the grime....works great!

wink.gif

This is what I like to see when I raise the hood.

No plastic cover to hide any part of the engine or various wires, tubes, hoses ...

I like to see all exposed parts as soon as I raise the hood so that I can spot any problem easily.

Originally Posted By: ryanschillinger
Has the car had any paint repair done? That would explain the difference in gloss between panels.

It looks to be all factory paint, however the hood has been polished out before...but thats it, no other panel has been touched, yet ALL other panels are still shiny. I guess all I can do is use a product every now and then with abrasives in it to try and keep the oxidation down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back