2012 Focus or 2012 Civic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also forgot to add. When you take a test drive do it WITHOUT the salesman, and make sure you can drive it for at least 30 minutes in familiar surroundings both at highway speed and around town speeds.

Salesman are distracting and you will miss annoying qualities about a car if you let them ride along.

Originally Posted By: urchin
I also forgot to add. When you take a test drive do it WITHOUT the salesman, and make sure you can drive it for at least 30 minutes in familiar surroundings both at highway speed and around town speeds.

Salesman are distracting and you will miss annoying qualities about a car if you let them ride along.

Yes I know, this is the main reason why I hate car dealerships. If worse comes to worse maybe I can just rent each one for a day
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: mike7139
Originally Posted By: urchin

Yes I know, this is the main reason why I hate car dealerships. If worse comes to worse maybe I can just rent each one for a day
smile.gif

In this market, as a starting point you should expect to be given the car free for a day or two. Use it as you would you own car to help you decide.

I was mildly interested in a Jaguar XF and they offered it to me for the weekend, but by that time I had already had quite a run in it. I told the BMW dealer I was ready to buy and they gave me a 335 convertible for the afternoon with no id (he was strangely a bit surprised when I came back and said I didn't like it). The Audi dealer also let me take a new A5 convertible without coming along.

You are ready to buy so don't take any [censored] from a dealer about how you want to go about making your decision.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back