2012 focus oil interval

So I picked up this 12 focus hatchback with 71,000 miles on it three months ago for 5K. Changed the oil put a clutch in it, put a set of continental tires on it. It has almost 82K now and 2 oil changes. I do 100 miles round trip for work a day. Car does 90/10 hwy/city mix and about 20 mins a day idling. I’ve been using Motorcraft synthetic blend 520 and a Motorcraft filter for 5K oil changes. You think I could stretch it to 10K?

Idling is a concern. If you get to work [engine warm] and sit there idling for a long time, that's fine but starting a cold engine and idling a long time is not the best thing to do. More details are needed. The commute to and from work is very easy on the oil.
I would guess a 9,000 mile OCI is about right with any old cheap store brand synthetic. Maybe longer.

Idling is a concern. If you get to work [engine warm] and sit there idling for a long time, that's fine but starting a cold engine and idling a long time is not the best thing to do. More details are needed. The commute to and from work is very easy on the oil.
I would guess a 9,000 mile OCI is about right with any old cheap store brand synthetic. Maybe longer.
Yea i idle when I get to work. I give the car like a min in the morning to warm up and drive slow till it warm.

You aint gotta let it warm up a minute. Just let it run enough until it fully builds pressure before going off. In 20-30f weather it can take up to 10 seconds for my oil pressure needle to stop climbing and that's with 15w-40 that's over twice as thick as 5w-20 in the kv40 viscosity. About 5 seconds of run time is enough. 10 if you want to be extra safe but beyond that letting an engine idle for a minute on 5w-20 is only necessary when it's below -5f really. But i do slowly drive away too and wait until the temp needle goes up before being more aggressive.

Also why do you use motorcraft syn blend. Do you get it really cheap like $16 or less a jug or do you get them at the dealer. As that jug is $22 at walmart and a huge rip off when a full syn oil like quaker state full syn, supertech full syn, and pennzoil full syn is $19-20 and better for longer intervals. I'd also bump to 5/10w-30 as well since that engine aint new and aint warrantied anymore either.

You aint gotta let it warm up a minute. Just let it run enough until it fully builds pressure before going off. In 20-30f weather it can take up to 10 seconds for my oil pressure needle to stop climbing and that's with 15w-40 that's over twice as thick as 5w-20 in the kv40 viscosity. About 5 seconds of run time is enough. 10 if you want to be extra safe but beyond that letting an engine idle for a minute on 5w-20 is only necessary when it's below -5f really. But i do slowly drive away too and wait until the temp needle goes up before being more aggressive.

Also why do you use motorcraft syn blend. Do you get it really cheap like $16 or less a jug or do you get them at the dealer. As that jug is $22 at walmart and a huge rip off when a full syn oil like quaker state full syn, supertech full syn, and pennzoil full syn is $19-20 and better for longer intervals. I'd also bump to 5/10w-30 as well since that engine aint new and aint warrantied anymore either.
I pay for it sometimes, sometimes I don’t. I get the dealer bulk oil. If I do pay for it it’s like $21 w/filter.

My Grandson's 2012 Focus the Oil monitor said he was due for and oil change at one year. If he drove more miles I'm pretty sure it would have gone more miles. He's Running Mobil 1 HM EXP 5W-20.

Back