2012 Buick Lacrosse 3.6L LFX Mobil Euro 0w-40 14.8k mi

IMG_2716.jpeg
Used a Fram Ultra. This fill same thing went in but I added a quart of HPL engine cleaner to see what happens. Gonna change the filter every few thousand miles. Curious if the HPL would do anything to the consumption. I got a work car so this is being driven a lot less, it’s just turned into my winter beater essentially

When you say you're driving it a lot less, do you mean after this oil sample was taken? Because this UOA was on a pace for almost 18000 miles a year (48.5 miles per day), which in my book is a lot. If it was my car, I'd keep it under 10k on the oil changes, even with a good TBN. An oxidation value would give you a better idea of oil life remaining, and if oxidation ended up looking good, then I'd reconsider going over 10k per oil change.

When you say you're driving it a lot less, do you mean after this oil sample was taken? Because this UOA was on a pace for almost 18000 miles a year (48.5 miles per day), which in my book is a lot. If it was my car, I'd keep it under 10k on the oil changes, even with a good TBN. An oxidation value would give you a better idea of oil life remaining, and if oxidation ended up looking good, then I'd reconsider going over 10k per oil change.
I put 17k on the company car this year so far. It’s 80 miles round trip to work 5 days a week. This car has only seen 3k miles since April. I drive it once a week 40 miles round trip just to keep it from sitting.

I put 17k on the company car this year so far. It’s 80 miles round trip to work 5 days a week. This car has only seen 3k miles since April. I drive it once a week 40 miles round trip just to keep it from sitting.
Gotcha. So the bulk of those 14843 miles happened before April. I had to ask because different people have different definitions of low mileage. LOL.

So 3k miles since April is about 500 miles a month. At that rate once a year oil change of 6000 miles sounds good to me.

If you're adding 4-5 quarts over 15,000 miles would it work to just replace 5 quarts at 7500 miles or would it be more than 1 qt low at 7.5k? Was it true that there was a lot more idle time on this run than last sample?

Gotcha. So the bulk of those 14843 miles happened before April. I had to ask because different people have different definitions of low mileage. LOL.

So 3k miles since April is about 500 miles a month. At that rate once a year oil change of 6000 miles sounds good to me.
I’ll probably put 10k or so on it between November and April then drive it a few hundred a month for the rest of the summer.
If you're adding 4-5 quarts over 15,000 miles would it work to just replace 5 quarts at 7500 miles or would it be more than 1 qt low at 7.5k? Was it true that there was a lot more idle time on this run than last sample?
The usage doesn’t seem to be linear. It idles a good bit in the winter usually 40 min per day min

😳 amazing report, all things considered. I see no reason to change anything if it’s been working for you.

Back