2011 Scion TC Oil Filter

BrendanC

$100 site donor 2024
2011 Scion TC 143k miles.
no idea of service life

out:eek:ff: unknown oil and unknown filter

in/on: 5 quarts Mobil 1 Euro FS 0w-40 with OG wire backed Fram Titanium FS9972

stugging single mom at work has had this car parked in her backyard for 4 years. she asked me if i could help her get it ready for her son’s 16th birthday. i did all the labor pro bono and split parts with her. the car wouldn’t stay running without applying throttle. changed what i assumed to be OEM denso plugs. i went back with Denso Iridium Twin Tips. cleaned the MAF/ throttle body etc. new air filter/cabin air filter. added 20 oz of Chevron fuel injector cleaner and filled the car up with shell 93 octane. replaced the rear hatch struts and charged the AC up. also had to throw a new everstart 24F battery in it.

that car starts and idles like a brand new car with freezing cold AC now. i have to take a look at a clunk in the front driver side tomorrow.

IMG_7499.jpeg

IMG_7500.jpeg

IMG_7501.jpeg

IMG_7502.jpeg

For a car sitting for so long i wouldve done a BG EPR flush or 2. These cars are known to have low tension rings and smaller oil return holes that makes them into oil burners as they age. Nice of you to help her.

For a car sitting for so long i wouldve done a BG EPR flush or 2. These cars are known to have low tension rings and smaller oil return holes that makes them into oil burners as they age. Nice of you to help her.
don’t have any on the shelf at the moment. the oil level was full so we shall see. i set the OCI at 6k miles with M1 0w-40.

don’t have any on the shelf at the moment. the oil level was full so we shall see. i set the OCI at 6k miles with M1 0w-40.
You can probably check the Vin if it has been recalled on the related TSB. Otherwise id monitor this one closely before its too late.

Might be a Fram filter but don't know for sure. Looks good though for unknown. Feels good to get a car worthy of transportation from sitting as a yard ornament previously.

If it was a major brand filter, the brand would have been printed on the end cap. Probably a quick lube shop jobber filter.

Back