2011 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD - oil filter

Hello,

I am finding it hard to discern which oil filter that I should use. I plan to follow the maintenance minder and change the oil approximately every ~7500 miles. I will be using Warren 0W-20 (Costco) oil and a Fram Ultra XG7317 for the first oil change after I purchase the vehicle on Saturday. The vehicle has ~47K miles on it. I do not plan on using the OEM filter due to the fact that there are better filter medias out there in the wild.

I appreciate anyone/everyone's input.

Thanks,
Chris

Yup. Good plan. I would use the filter for 2 services. The Costco oil is such a good price, I would do around 5K OCIs.
For the 1st change, perhaps have a new drain plug and a stack of warshers.

Welcome to BITOG!

There is nothing wrong with Costco oil and a Fram Ultra :)

For cars with a minder like your Honda, I like to use the cheapest synthetic on sale and run it to the MM-suggested OCI

I would use a Wix 51356 / NAPA Gold 1356...

I like Wix, but not this particular filter. The media cartridge is very small due to the bypass design they use. Therefore, I'd stick with Fram for this particular application.

The Wix/Napa filter for the OP's Honda is actually 57356. The baseplate is different.

This is not an engine that benefits from the “best” media. Slap on an XG, and follow the A/B maint. minder schedule. Drive on :cool:

Hello,

I am finding it hard to discern which oil filter that I should use. ... a Fram Ultra XG7317 for the first oil change after I purchase the vehicle on Saturday.

Now that wasn't so hard. :D

Back