2011 Camry Oil Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by caprice_2nv

Any Toyota that called for 0w20 as the recommended grade was supposed to have full synthetic. That's why I'd go to full synthetic now, it may clean out the ring packs over time and reduce the consumption.

I don't know how I didn't know that. Since that is the case, should I switch back to 0W-20 Full Synthetic since I was using blended? Or should I just continue using 5W30, but use full synthetic? I'm such a noob

Originally Posted by OKTHOM01

Any Toyota that called for 0w20 as the recommended grade was supposed to have full synthetic. That's why I'd go to full synthetic now, it may clean out the ring packs over time and reduce the consumption.

I don't know how I didn't know that. Since that is the case, should I switch back to 0W-20 Full Synthetic since I was using blended? Or should I just continue using 5W30, but use full synthetic? I'm such a noob

I wouldn't go back to 0w20 since it's using oil but a high mileage full synthetic in 10w30 or 10w40 etc would be fine given the information just posted from Australia ðŸ‘

Did you change the PCV yourself or see someone physically change it? Change the plugs ASAP. Run some Chevron Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner per directions on bottle in your fuel. Can be picked up for less than 5 bucks at Wal Mart. Bump up your HM oil to a 10W30 this go around. Super Tech Full Synthetic High Mileage is less then $15.00 for the 5 quart jug. Or just pick up there Super Tech High Mileage Conventional 10W30 if you do not wanna go with a full synthetic.

Originally Posted by SR5
In Australia for a Camry with the 2.5 Litre 2AR-FE VVT-I engine, you can use 0W20, 5W30, 10W30, 5W40, 10W40 or 15W40

A 10Wx oil is good down to 0F for cold starts.

In other words in Australia you can pretty much use whatever weight you feel like. 0w20 to 15w40 that is a pretty wide spread.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Not to confuse the OP even more but an interval of Valvoline Premium Restore may be an option. Of course it runs $80/jug. Below is a thread on it.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...store-10w-30-in-a-honda-2-4l#Post5232562

Will look into it— thank you!
Not using the required full synthetic wouldn't likely hurt if they changed it at 5k miles or less. The 10k recommendation is kind of pushing it in my opinion even with full synthetic, maybe part of why they had issues with oil consumption on some of their engines. But we don't know the first owners oil change intervals do we?

The first actual owners were a rental car company. The second owners have done 5k OCI per the records in the car.

Originally Posted by OKTHOM01
Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Not to confuse the OP even more but an interval of Valvoline Premium Restore may be an option. Of course it runs $80/jug. Below is a thread on it.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...store-10w-30-in-a-honda-2-4l#Post5232562

Will look into it— thank you!
Not using the required full synthetic wouldn't likely hurt if they changed it at 5k miles or less. The 10k recommendation is kind of pushing it in my opinion even with full synthetic, maybe part of why they had issues with oil consumption on some of their engines. But we don't know the first owners oil change intervals do we?

The first actual owners were a rental car company. The second owners have done 5k OCI per the records in the car.

It all depends on the company and the branch. Enterprise refused to use dexos on GM's when they began requiring it (here in Canada anyway). They were usually way behind on oil changes but they got their hands slapped by corporate for missing oil changes. So they wouldn't all be that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back