odd how people will comment
"you only went 10k on your amsoil? what a waste!"

yet someone goes under 5k on their M1 EP and ******** crickets*******

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
looks great,

If that's their choice, it's their business.

looks great,

true waste of oil! that helps?

looks great,

Original post: 9:03 PM, first response 9:07... New years eve... and you are complaining?

Please redeem yourself before I [censored] you as an idiot. Cricket comment was uncalled for. You may say that in a day or so, but the first TEN minutes of a thread? Totally uncalled for.

Bebop you can extend those oil changes, looks great. I would go 7/10K and check again, can't go wrong with EP!!

Last edited:
Nothing wrong here,

just saying that he isnt going to be crucified for only going 5K by the group who calls 10K on Amsoil a waste

The group? The hypocrites
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
Why buy an oil that is formulated for long intervals and change it at a short interval? The only benefit the oil has is if you run it for longer intervals. The oil will not keep the parts separated any better.

10,000 is the absolute limit on any oil in my book there are too many things floating around inside an engine to go more miles than that..Use a quality store bought oil and all will be just as good.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
looks great,

Original post: 9:03 PM, first response 9:07... New years eve... and you are complaining?

Please redeem yourself before I [censored] you as an idiot. Cricket comment was uncalled for. You may say that in a day or so, but the first TEN minutes of a thread? Totally uncalled for.

Bebop you can extend those oil changes, looks great. I would go 7/10K and check again, can't go wrong with EP!!

Exactly. Yeah, the OP wasted some perfectly good oil with only 4800 miles, so what else is new? As long as he recycled it, it's all good - and it was nice of him to post the UOA.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Exactly. Yeah, the OP wasted some perfectly good oil with only 4800 miles, so what else is new? As long as he recycled it, it's all good - and it was nice of him to post the UOA.

Thanks to the OP for posting. I've got 5,000 miles on my car the past 3-1/2 years, and FIVE Mobil 1 oil changes. The 6th one will be coming this spring with approx 1,000 miles...my longest OCI ever at 1 year.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
10,000 is the absolute limit on any oil in my book there are too many things floating around inside an engine to go more miles than that..Use a quality store bought oil and all will be just as good.

In my case, I have been doing 10K OCIs for the last 38 years and 10K is my normal. Anything less that that seems strange to me.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Why buy an oil that is formulated for long intervals and change it at a short interval? The only benefit the oil has is if you run it for longer intervals. The oil will not keep the parts separated any better.

My opinion exactly....A pure waste of a top quality oil, $$$, filter, and the time it takes to accomplish.

Would have been nice if you had provided a TBN number...just to see how wasteful your OCI habits are. You spend the $$$ on a top tier oil....but won't spend $$$ to get a TBN (which would tell you how wasteful your short OCI habits are.

Sometimes I gotta wonder!

Toyota's philosophy is to reduce waste and their engines run so clean the OP could go the full 13-15K under normal conditions. It's a pity many people don't truly appreciate the efforts of modern chemical engineers.

Originally Posted By: NO2
Toyota's philosophy is to reduce waste and their engines run so clean the OP could go the full 13-15K under normal conditions. It's a pity many people don't truly appreciate the efforts of modern chemical engineers.

Where did you hear that? His owners manual calls for 5K OCI ( http://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/omms/T-MMS-10Avalon/pdf/2010_Avalon_WMG_lr.pdf ). While I agree EP is basically useless at 5K OCI its how Toyota wants it done.

I believe the 5K mentioned is with conventional oil. This 2010 is not under warranty anymore.

Using Mobil 1 EP, should easily EXTEND the OCI to at least 10K, and even further.

As I said before....a waste of top quality oil, $$$ etc.

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
I believe the 5K mentioned is with conventional oil. This 2010 is not under warranty anymore.

Using Mobil 1 EP, should easily EXTEND the OCI to at least 10K, and even further.

As I said before....a waste of top quality oil, $$$ etc.

Its 5w-30 "Toyota Genuine Motor Oil" whatever that is.

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
Originally Posted By: CT8

My opinion exactly....A pure waste of a top quality oil, $$$, filter, and the time it takes to accomplish.

Would have been nice if you had provided a TBN number...just to see how wasteful your OCI habits are. You spend the $$$ on a top tier oil....but won't spend $$$ to get a TBN (which would tell you how wasteful your short OCI habits are.

Sometimes I gotta wonder!

Of course there are other benefits to a quality synthetic oil than just a longer OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back