2010 Kawasaki BF | Kawasaki 10W-40 | 7 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my second OC with Kawasaki 10W-40. I rode the ATV harder on this OC and when I changed it this time I used Rotella T6 with a PureOne filter. I will go 20 hours on this next OC to see how Rotella performs and will adjust from there.

Thoughts and comments always welcome!

alum is low, very low. very nice!
copper still seems a bit high. i'm guessing clutch basket shaft bushing.
lead of 10? really?
the ever present (in stoners reports) manganese of some value bigger than zero.
magnesium of 10 also?

and 68.0 is actually a 30wt you stoners!!! jeez.

flash of 400 show little fuel.

20hrs will probably kill the SRT. how about 14 (ie double this reports).

steve

Originally Posted By: sunruh
copper still seems a bit high. i'm guessing clutch basket shaft bushing.

This ATV has a CVT, so probably something else. As long as it continues to trend downwards at this pace, I will be happy.

and 68.0 is actually a 30wt you stoners!!! jeez.

Yes; this is one the main reasons that I have stopped using the Kawasaki 10W-40 oil--it tends to shear. Hopefully, Rotella will hold up better.

20hrs will probably kill the SRT. how about 14 (ie double this reports).

I will probably try 15 on the Rotella and depending on the UOA move it up higher.

Thanks for the input!

well i have yet to see any 10w40 last any real time at all.
i have tested the kawi 20w50 so seeing this on the 10w40 was good. actually it held up pretty darn good. it was just barely under a 40wt, but dang the stoners cant even read a chart!

the reason i would like to see exactly 14hrs on the SRT as it would be an exact double of the this run.

and also realize that the shearing is caused by the gears and the more rpms the faster it will shear. so as an example you might be able to do 20hrs at 4000rpm or 1hr at 14,000 rpm. and yes i know your quad cant do that rpm. just and example.

cant wait to see the next report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back