2010 Ford Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
3.5L v6 is 1-1.5L too much, and about 10 mpg too few.

maybe someday theyll get it...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

I'm glad you read the article.

Quote:
Fusion will offer three fuel-efficient gasoline engine options – the Duratec 2.5-liter I-4 and enhanced 3.0-liter V-6 and 3.5-liter V-6 Duratec engines. Fusions equipped with the 2.5-liter I-4 engine are expected to deliver at least 3 mpg better on the highway than the Honda Accord and 2 mpg better than the Toyota Camry. The 3.5-liter V-6 powers the all-new Fusion Sport model

The Fusion for 2010 looks like the best domestic mid size sedan out there. Isn't awd an option on this car? If Ford survives it should sell well!

Originally Posted By: BGK
The Fusion for 2010 looks like the best domestic mid size sedan out there. Isn't awd an option on this car? If Ford survives it should sell well!

It sure is! And it works well too; tested it out in a Canadian winter for a week or so
wink.gif

The detail I've most been looking forward too was the gear leaver. The imports got it right back in early 2000....you don't need a gear leaver the size of a softball.

Before
2008-ford-fusion-interior.jpg

After
10fusionhybrid_09_hr_opt.jpg

Again as they've done on so many other models, they've cheaped out by not putting a gearshift position idicator on the dash.

Originally Posted By: Ed_T
Again as they've done on so many other models, they've cheaped out by not putting a gearshift position idicator on the dash.

Check out the dash on the hybrid model, it's an LSD screen (with the requested PRDL).

http://www.youtube.com/v/9A8-8xUZ-0c&hl=en&fs=1

Pretty high tech, definitely not "cheaped out". Although this won't be shared with the other Fusion versions, the Sport does get the PRDL as well. Far right by the fuel guage in this pic:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2010-ford-fusion-sport-ab-la2008/1167526/full/

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: JHZR2

I'm glad you read the article.

Quote:
Fusion will offer three fuel-efficient gasoline engine options – the Duratec 2.5-liter I-4 and enhanced 3.0-liter V-6 and 3.5-liter V-6 Duratec engines. Fusions equipped with the 2.5-liter I-4 engine are expected to deliver at least 3 mpg better on the highway than the Honda Accord and 2 mpg better than the Toyota Camry. The 3.5-liter V-6 powers the all-new Fusion Sport model

I did read the article, and my point still holds regarding the V6.

As for the I-4, well, you dont reasonably think that Toyota and Honda will sit idle and not create a higher MPG target for their car to hit in order to meet the "threat"??!? meanwhile, what is the point of the intermediate v6? do they really like to pay more fuel economy certification testing? Oh... I guess thats for the people who are convinced that they HAVE to have a v6 in order to drive safely... but want fuel economy a the same time... right. real smart.

If so, youre kidding yourself.

Still, at least around here, I see more "sport" and big V6 models of all the cars, compared to the more benign fuel sippers. The availability (lets not kid ourselves, an AT, v6 sedan of that sort with a spoiler is NOT "sporty") tempts and tends to get the buy... totally stupid if you ask me.

Last edited:
Regardless of your or my opinion on this matter, the car seems to be selling. Future sales figures will show whether the choice of three engines was a wise one or not.

I like the options of diffrent engines.

Its not like ford is just slaping a car on the table like some makers do and say this is what we have, take it or leave it.

Ford is giving people options. I really like that.
It lets people get what they want, not what they have to settle with.

Me personally world get the v6.
Sounds like some one else here would want the eco-nice v4.

Ford just got two people with diffrent tastes looking at the same car!

Good job Ford!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back