2010 Elantra with 333,684 miles ..WOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here

BITOGers ,sure enough, have some thing to say:

Hyundai

Manual(clutch)

Elantra

Timing belt

grin.gif

Looking at the wheel and seats i wonder if the mileage in the advert may be wrong.

100k miles a year leave some wear on a car regardless of how well it is looked after.

Happy to be wrong on this.

There aren't even many stone chips on the front end.

I see what looks like stone chips on the front end. I don't think the mileage is wrong because looking the VIN shows it was listed on another site a while a go with 333,619 so I don't think it's a typo.

Well, I wouldn't even consider paying 5 Grand for a car with that many miles on it. It's at the point that everything can go wrong and you'd be so deep in repairs that, it's not worth it.

A lady comes in that I've gotten to know that has a 2011 with 220k+ miles on it. And it's in good shape. Another guy has a 2002 f250 with 760k+ miles. It definately shows it's age though.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Well, I wouldn't even consider paying 5 Grand for a car with that many miles on it. It's at the point that everything can go wrong and you'd be so deep in repairs that, it's not worth it.

+1 I wouldn't even make an offer, I'd probably insult them.

Originally Posted By: DirtyMoe21
Someone was doing lots of driving.

80K+ miles per year. 1500 miles per week. Over 200 miles per day 7 days a week, or ~280 mile per day commute, with some weekend driving.......

Car is worth $500 tops.

I guess that's about 230 miles a day for four years or so. This was most likely an insurance salesman's car in a rural area. About 30 years ago I knew such a person who put 100,000 miles on a Lincoln in one year doing just that.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

I'd bust out laughing so hard that I would be physically unable to make them the $500. offer for what it is worth (assuming I wanted it.)

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

I'd bust out laughing so hard that I would be physically unable to make them the $500. offer for what it is worth (assuming I wanted it.)

I hear ya. I walked off many a used car lot hysterical with laughter. But as the saying goes there's an [censored] for every seat, and anyone paying that kind of money or anywhere near it is just that.

My buddy at work retired a 06 Sonata with around 311K miles on it last year. Not sure of the exact mileage, but he was a 50K/year commuter. When it failed, it gave about 1 min of warning and then was kaput. He certainly got his money's worth out of that car. He replaced with a 13 Elantra which he hates. I can always get him going by asking him how his car is doing.

Originally Posted By: jhMalibu
My buddy at work retired a 06 Sonata with around 311K miles on it last year. Not sure of the exact mileage, but he was a 50K/year commuter. When it failed, it gave about 1 min of warning and then was kaput. He certainly got his money's worth out of that car. He replaced with a 13 Elantra which he hates. I can always get him going by asking him how his car is doing.

We just sold a 3500 Savana van with 500k miles on it. It still works today just in another state!

If the mileaelge is correct then that car has been well cared for.

Perhaps the interior has been changed?

It definately isn't worth $5k.

The above comments of offering between $500 and $1000 are more where i see that cars value.

Looks like the dealer selling it is trying to make a big profit.

If i continue to out 50k a yr on my Jaguar till it is that age it will be nearly worthless at 4 yrs old.

Likely trade price would be under £10k.

Current trade price with 95k is under £20k. From a new price in Nov 2011 of £60000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back