2010 Acura Tl SH AWD Mobil 1 5w-20 9300 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my Acura's Blackstone Report. 9300 miles with some below zero winter weather and a combination of commute to work, 60 miles round trip, some in town driving and ten 320 mile roundtrip road trips. I have a lead foot and there are many full throttle passings of other cars with speeds up to 100 MPH. I live in rural Wyoming with very light traffic. Total miles on the unit is 50,320. I have used a combination of Mobil 1 or Pennzoil Ultra with some 0w-20 and 5w-20 in past oil changes. for some reason Blackstone missed the number of miles on this oil and thought it was 6500. It was 9300 miles.

Code:
Alum 11

Chro 1

Iron 18

Copp 6

Lead 0

Tin 2

Moly 93

Nick 0

Mang 28

Silv 0

Tita 1

Pota 2

Boron 52

Silic 18

Sodi 27

Calc 1981

Magn 493

Phosp 685

Zinc 852

Bari 0

Sus visc @ 210 50.4

cSt visc @ 100 7.43

Flashpoint 385

Fuel %
Antifreeze % ?

Water % .3

TBN 1.3

What do you guys think 10% was the Acura maintenance minder reading

Last edited by a moderator:
Good report other than the silicon and sodium.

Check your air filtration system and as many vacuum lines and clamps around and leading to the intake manifold as you can find (high silicon). Ensuring the air filter is aligned properly in the box is very important too.

Also, your coolant might need to be changed. (Personally, I'd be doing 7,500 LOF changes on standard Mobil 1 or annually with Amsoil 0W-30.)

Originally Posted By: 147_Grain
Good report other than the silicon and sodium...

Huh? Universal avg for Na is 32. His OCI was well above the avg OCI used for the Universal averages(5600 miles IIRC).

and Si levels are just slightly higher than the extrapolated Universal reading. (18 vs 16.6 [extrapolated from 10]).

I've run several extended OCI's with M1 and Honda oil (7500 to 10,800) and my Si was only 12-13. I run the Purolator Pure 1 filter. You might want to give it a try.

Not bad. Just an observation. Mobil 1 oils, especially the 20 grade 5w20 M1 and AFE 0w20, always dip into the 7 csT range. Probably fuel economy related. TGMO doesn't. Also made by XOM. Interesting...

I would go no further. Tbn is low. I don't know the cause behind it as I'm not a chemist or formulator, but even your top synthetics will have their tbn destroyed in under 10k miles. btanchor's UOA's have shown this in his Tundra with Amsoil and Mobil 1.

Fuel related?

Originally Posted By: Trouthead
I have a lead foot and there are many full throttle passings of other cars with speeds up to 100 MPH.

You might also consider upgrading to a thicker 30-weight oil as the HT/HS Viscosity, cP is likely pretty low in the 2.3 range, since cSt visc @ 100 is only 7.43

I changed out the air filter after this oil change and made sure it was in there perfectly. The last air filter was done at the dealership. First time in my life I had a filter change at a dealership, also last time. I think it was in there a bit off. Also the charge for air filter labor was $25.00 and the charge for cabin filter labor was also $25.00. both of them being done by me took less than 4 minutes.

Sounds like the oil minder was dead-on accurate. Probably you could go to zero if you wanted to. Of course, if something came up and you couldn't change the oil right away, or you had to go on an unexpected big trip.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back