2009 Nissan Cube Oil Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2009 Nissan Cube Krom with the CVT. It has about 64k on the odometer. It has always run Dino oil changed at 3000 miles. I recently started doing a lot of highway miles for work, and some stop and go at customers. I was thinking of switching to synthetic and my change interval to like 7500 miles. Would this be okay for my driving and for this car? Would I be better running a blend? But with a blend would I be able to change my interval of changes? Thanks

James,
On the Highway you would be fine going 7500 on a synthetic like pennzoil Ultra or Castrol Edge with TI.
Even Amsoil would be great. Just stay away from orange can filters

That 1.8 is really easy on oil. I'd go 7500 on PYB dino oil and a quality filter. I commuted for several years in a 1.8 Versa with that combo and it was fantastic.

Yeah a place local to me has a special right now. 5 quarts of 5w30 Castrol Edge with syntec and a k&n filter for $29.99 OR 5 quarts of 5w30 Castrol Edge with titanium and a k&n filter for $33.99. Which would be better in my case.

Originally Posted By: jayg
That 1.8 is really easy on oil. I'd go 7500 on PYB dino oil and a quality filter. I commuted for several years in a 1.8 Versa with that combo and it was fantastic.

Why not use Pennzoil Gold (50% synthetic)? Goes for $16.50 for a 5 quart jug in Wally World.

Originally Posted By: jfking106
Originally Posted By: jayg

Why not use Pennzoil Gold (50% synthetic)? Goes for $16.50 for a 5 quart jug in Wally World.

Whatever is cheaper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back