2009 Maxima Sludged 3.5l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: donz26
I had some old man cuss me out (in a rest area) for driving "J *p Cr*p".

I`d love to run into someone like that! Probably just some piece of common uneducated white trash. He`d definitely think twice before making a comment like that to someone again.

That would be to obvious Trajan.I figured i would just let him dig the hole deeper before he shoveled the dirt in on himself.
BTW i caught the thread at noria,good one.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

I`d love to run into someone like that! Probably just some piece of common uneducated white trash. He`d definitely think twice before making a comment like that to someone again.

I probably would say something along the lines of "thanks for the tip. Have a great day." Then I'd walk away and wait for him to start something for real.

I did something similar when someone in a lifted Wrangler threatened to run me over for overtaking him on a multi-lane offramp (I guess I must have scared him). When he made his threat, I laughed and said -- with a huge smile on my face -- "okay. Go ahead." He stopped talking and that was the end of it.

It's a lot like dealing with a small child, really...

Tragic... Waste of a perfect engine. *Hugs his VQ35*
48.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
crackmeup2.gif
Anything you see under the cover is meaningless,you cant tell anything looking in there,its a thing only Americans do so I'm told.

I am almost ready to try the Kreen in a 06 Infiniti 3.5 which is not as bad as this one.ARX did diddly after 12 months and 2 clean/rinse fiascos.
Time to get something that really works on the job after the reptile oil go round.

Not true, you can sea into the QR25 and VR35 pretty well through the valve co ver to see the cams and any sludge and other stucff like that.

Originally Posted By: crinkles
i wonder if nissan dealerships use the ester oil? or cheapest bulk drum bidder?

We offer Ester oil, but no one wants to spend the $75 on an oil change
frown.gif
I do get a few Z owners who use it, and 1 Maxima owner.

Our bulk Oil comes from Vesco, I'm pretty sure it is either AC Delco or Valvoline

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
That is terrible indeed. If the records are right there has to be some sort of issue with the motor like a totally worthless PCV.

That or this person just threw whatever oil in it like the Acell oil from WalMart or some other SA or SB rated bargain bin brand in the correct viscosity range for operating temperatures.

the records are bogus. The person just didn't change their oil. 21 yr old girl.

donz26 said:
Man, that's ugly--obviously neglected. My Maxima has never gone beyond 3700 mi. on any oil change. Neither did my Altima 2.5 before that.

quote]

Good! Yeah, there are quite a few dealers. Dearborn, FArmington, Troy, Canton, Jackson, Macomb, Roseville.. I'm sure there are others, thats just what I can think of off hand.

Originally Posted By: Johnny248
That is terrible indeed. If the records are right there has to be some sort of issue with the motor like a totally worthless PCV.

That or this person just threw whatever oil in it like the Acell oil from WalMart or some other SA or SB rated bargain bin brand in the correct viscosity range for operating temperatures.

So is Nissan 'good willling' this to keep a customer; or telling them to pound sand?

If the owner was to stupid to follow Nissan's instructions as to OCI's, nissan should tell them to pound sand.

I bet she got straight As in school and daddy's going to pay for all this because she's so good.

Originally Posted By: Troy_Built
If the owner was to stupid to follow Nissan's instructions as to OCI's, nissan should tell them to pound sand.

What's meant by this exactly? What's so stupid about following Nissan's OCI schedule? It seems to me that if the vehicle's owner had done so a) they wouldn't have the sludge to begin with, and b) they'd have appropriate records for warranty service.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: Pesca
Any recommandations on better xW30 oils than PP or Synpower?
I thought there were both ones of the best oils these days. They aren't?

They certainly are among the best, but I doubt they are the best.

Are you still under warranty? If so, do you need an API SM or GF-4 oil?

Yes, still under warranty and OM states:

"Selecting the correct oil
It is essential to choose the correct grade, quality, and viscosity engine oil to ensure satisfactory engine life and performance, see “CAPACITIES AND RECOMMENDED FUEL/ LUBRICANTS” earlier in this section. NISSAN recommends the use of an energy conserving oil in order to improve fuel economy.

Select only engine oils that meet the American Petroleum Institute (API) certification or International Lubricant Standardization and Approval Committee (ILSAC) certification and SAE viscosity standard. These oils have the API certification mark on the front of the container.

Oils which do not have the specified quality label should not be used as they could cause engine damage.
"

CAPACITIES AND RECOMMENDED FUEL/ LUBRICANTS:
- Engine oil with API Certification
- Recommended viscosity is 5W30.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

I probably would say something along the lines of "thanks for the tip. Have a great day." Then I'd walk away and wait for him to start something for real.

Small-minded people come in all flavors. My '66 Dodge has a "Built when cars were made to LAST" sticker in the back window. I don't take it particularly seriously- I got it with an order of parts from Kanter years ago and put it there just for grins. But then I had a guy get OUT of his car and come up to my window in the parking lot at my daughter's school a few years ago and start telling me how he had 180k miles on his Honda and that no old car could ever last like that, blah blah blah blah. I politely listened, and then said "keep taking care of that Accord the way you are. Then maybe in another 30 years and an additional 150,000 miles it can match what this car has done... so far."

Originally Posted By: addyguy

So is Nissan 'good willling' this to keep a customer; or telling them to pound sand?

No good will on that. Customer is on their own.

Originally Posted By: Troy_Built

Yes, the owner was "to stupid" whatever that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back