2009 Accord Valvetrain Pic - 120k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: redhat
Smaller lobes are the regular cam profile. When I crossover into VTEC engagement at 4K the larger cam lobe opens the valves longer.

Hmmm, VTEC crossover is right at 5000 RPM on my 2012 with the K24z3. Was that updated in 2011 with the refresh?

No OE basemap is 5k on the dot. Lowered VTEC engagement with KTuner to stay in VTEC when shifting at redline. Really does wonders... doesn't fall on it's face after a gear shift lol. OE basemap, car would just fight to get back into the power band.

I am betting many of the chain issues are related to low oil. I'm not saying the VTC doesn't play a part but many of these 2008-2010 and even some 2011 K24's do burn oil and owners probably don't check like they should.

Oh no doubt, so many never check. Fortunately I've always kept this baby full.

Now I want to find a TSX 6-speed and swap it in. Even better keeping those Rs up.

Smaller lobes are the regular cam profile. When I crossover into VTEC engagement at 4K the larger cam lobe opens the valves longer.

Hmmm, VTEC crossover is right at 5000 RPM on my 2012 with the K24z3. Was that updated in 2011 with the refresh?

No OE basemap is 5k on the dot. Lowered VTEC engagement with KTuner to stay in VTEC when shifting at redline. Really does wonders... doesn't fall on it's face after a gear shift lol. OE basemap, car would just fight to get back into the power band.

I am betting many of the chain issues are related to low oil. I'm not saying the VTC doesn't play a part but many of these 2008-2010 and even some 2011 K24's do burn oil and owners probably don't check like they should.

Oh no doubt, so many never check. Fortunately I've always kept this baby full.

Oh ok. Yep, I bet the earlier VTEC engagement helps.

I'm a GM fan through and through. But those DOHC 3.6 love their timing chains.

That issue is easily fixed with higher quality oil and shortening oil change intervals.

People were dumb enough to place 100% faith into the oil change indicators. Under normal driving conditions you can go 8-10k before reaching 0%.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back