2008 mileage / gasoline use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appropos of nothing, I tracked all my gasoline purchases in 2008 and here are the results:

I drove 8926 miles last year (it's good to live close to work). Average MPG was 24.4. I ran through 366.5 gallons of gas at an average price of $3.25 for a total gasoline expense of $1,190. Highest price paid was $4.19 on July 5, lowest price paid was $1.65 on Dec 31.

Let's hope we keep prices below $2.00 for 2009!

Originally Posted By: hillclimber

Cheers to that!
11.gif

Any other fantasizes you'd like to post?
grin2.gif
(keep it clean!)

Not a chance that gas will stay below $2 for the whole year. This time next year I'll be wishing for $2 a gallon... Last summer prices was just the beginning.
smirk2.gif

Stay tuned.

Bill

PS: I don't want to see how much fuel I used. It would scare me and possibly make me go even more crazy.
crazy2.gif

My habits have changed greatly.

I went from two cars, each getting under 15mpg. One took 93 octane fuel. My truck would slurp 25 gallons per week, my car 15.

I drive a saturn ion, I use about 10 gallons per week, and regular 87 octane fuel.

About 16 dollars to fill the tank, fine for me!

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

grin2.gif
(keep it clean!)

Not a chance that gas will stay below $2 for the whole year. This time next year I'll be wishing for $2 a gallon... Last summer prices was just the beginning.
smirk2.gif

Stay tuned.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

grin2.gif
(keep it clean!)

smirk2.gif

Stay tuned.

Bill

PS: I don't want to see how much fuel I used. It would scare me and possibly make me go even more crazy.
crazy2.gif

Well, I don't have a clue as to what gas will be one year from now and after seeing oil prices skyrocket last year, the stock market plunge, etc, I don't think I'll try to predict the future and will just say that almost nothing would surprise me, one way or the other.

I guess I'm not the only fanatic who keeps such records - I even graph the MPG!

For my 2008 Altima 2.5 SL this past year I drove 9,006 miles and consumed 343.6 gallons of gas at an average price of $3.311/gal and an average of 26.21 MPG.

We at now at $1.35/gal for no-name regular here in NJ, $1.41 for some brand names. And that is full service as we are one of only two states that do not allow you to pump your own gas (the other is Oregon).

Tom NJ

gasbuddy.com has all the graphs you want and you can compare two states countries etc. Compare yours to Canada and see how we are getting it in the rear!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Tom NJ

And for those who don't know Excel all that well, you can still see a graph of your MPG and other stats by recording your fuel-ups here:

http://www.fuelly.com

My total spent in 2008 was $1,337.

Oh I keep records, I just don't want to read them....
grin2.gif

2008 I drove 29,200 miles with one car.

A little over 662 gallons used. Past that I'd have to do some figuring. Paid $4.39 to $1.31 for regular gas though out the year.

Take care, bill

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

And for those who don't know Excel all that well, you can still see a graph of your MPG and other stats by recording your fuel-ups here:

Pretty cool.
thumbsup2.gif

I may start using this.

Being the lazy guy I am..
grin2.gif
Any cost for the use of their service?

Bill

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Pretty cool.
thumbsup2.gif

I may start using this.

Being the lazy guy I am..
grin2.gif
Any cost for the use of their service?

Bill
Nevermind. It is free.

I think I'm going to use this service.

Thanks for the heads up!

Yup, it's free. And if you have existing fuel-up data (for example in Excel), you can also import it after you set up your profile.

StevieC,

The prices on gasbuddy.com for Canada are in cents/liter, correct? Actually, that kinda makes it look relatively cheap (.59 dollars/unit compared to our 1.50/unit). Until I realized my typical fillup would be .59 dollars times 48 or so, instead of 1.50 dollars times 12 gallons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back