2008 Honda Pilot/standing water issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I come to you, BITOG royalty, for assistance.

My ex-wife has a 2008 Honda Pilot that we purchased in 2010. When it goes through any kind of standing water more than 2" deep, the accessory belt slips, steering goes, battery light comes on. It's now happened 3 times in the past two years.

Do any of you have a shadetree fix to cover up the crank pulley-area with a shield to prevent this from happening again? My kids don't need this kind of hassle and neither does she.

Try re-reading those threads. Probability is very high you have a weak accessory belt tensioner. You are barking up the wrong tree looking to shield the belts. It will still get wet and you will still have the problem, and it will continue to get worse. (Speaking as a Honda Pilot owner.)

Originally Posted by HangFire
Try re-reading those threads. Probability is very high you have a weak accessory belt tensioner. You are barking up the wrong tree looking to shield the belts. It will still get wet and you will still have the problem, and it will continue to get worse. (Speaking as a Honda Pilot owner.)

Interesting........that tensioner was replaced 3 years ago due to the bearing making noise. I don't know what part my mechanic used but all three times this issue has happened, it's been on the replacement tensioner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back