2008 G37 Coupe Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dparm
Buy in bulk...

You pretty much have to.
Even a jug of Edge is almost $50 though.
I've never even run Edge because its never been reasonable.
The price is comically high. No thanks.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig

I see you're running VWB. You should come to Regina. One of our Walmarts has enough VWB in 5w-30 and 10w-30 SM/GF-4 to fill a swimming pool at $10.88 for five litres. I wish their high mileage was at that price; it was great for the old truck.

Originally Posted By: Garak

I see you're running VWB. You should come to Regina. One of our Walmarts has enough VWB in 5w-30 and 10w-30 SM/GF-4 to fill a swimming pool at $10.88 for five litres. I wish their high mileage was at that price; it was great for the old truck.

I've bought Valvoline for years. Has always worked for me.
I have some other stuff in my (small) stash for now so I'm good for the time being. Next oil sale will have to be in the fall.

You pretty much have to.

And to make matters even worse, the Edge jugs are only 4.4L while all of the rest of the top synthetics (which are priced lower) are 5L jugs!

my friend had a G35x and we ran Pennzoil Ultra 5w30 @ 7500 mile OCI.
with a Wix filter. All was good til the day he sold it.
PYB is also a fine oil and will serve you well.
I would run one of these to the factory spec for oci though while you are still under warranty.

Originally Posted By: JustinC25
my friend had a G35x and we ran Pennzoil Ultra 5w30 @ 7500 mile OCI.
with a Wix filter. All was good til the day he sold it.
PYB is also a fine oil and will serve you well.

It's a quality product and the price is right. I do get a giggle out of some of the people on the 370 and G37 forums. They use boutique oils at a price that would make a Canadian oil retailer blush, and then change them out at 3,000 miles. Of course, their logic is unassailable. They claim that they cost more, so they must be better. They actually come out and say that!

There are indications the 3.7L is a bit harder on oil than was the 3.5L due to the VVEL. Fine. I'm still not spending $10 or more per litre to change it per the factory recommended OCI. If I'm going to follow their required service interval, I'll use a quality, conventional oil that also meets their requirements (and being SN, actually exceeds them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back