2007 Poll - Are you using Synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used synthetic since 1986 or 1987. I plan to continue using it as long as the cost does not become an issue for me.

Quote:

Synthetic year round. The longer oci's are great. I like the idea of one oil change a year. It's good on the wallet and environment. No problems with the cars, so far.

How long have you been doing 1 year OCI's? How many miles on the cars? Just curious because I plan on doing either 6 mos or 1 year, depending on the mileage
smile.gif

2004 ford exp 5.4 5w30 asl amsoil best oil yet and i have honestly tried them all,also i'm getting better gas mileage with this oil.

Quote:

2004 ford exp 5.4 5w30 asl amsoil best oil yet and i have honestly tried them all,also i'm getting better gas mileage with this oil.

Screw this, I am migrating on my next OCI to full synthetic at probably around 27k+. 27k is more then enough time to wait to put full-synthetic. Although I don't agree with those that say you can switch to full synthetic from day 1, I feel 3 OCIs of Mobil and 1 of MC is enough growing time for dino and dino blends, I am going full syn with PP next OCI!! Wow, now I gotta figure out the filter. Anyone for a group buy on Amsoil EAO filters?!?!? The promise of more gas mileage is too great!

Petro oil .With the miles I put on my vehicles I can't justify syn oils .I have never noticed any noticeable mpg improvements with syn oils and I run Redline ,Amsoil,and Mobil 1 in the engine , power steering ,differentials and transmission and transfer cases .I like Redline differential lubes and use them if a syn is required by the manufacture( my wifes F250 Ford ) Delo Esi gear lube is probably just as good as any of the synthetics so that is what I run in every thing else .I may run it "ESI" in my wifes Ford next oil change though.

Quote:

Quote:

API has shown 1 out of 5 API Certified oils off spec. No thanks. 5W30 Amsoil ASL at 12,000 mile 1 year oil changes with EaO filters in my 1997 Chevy Venture and 2006 Honda Civic Si. 12,000 mile Amsoil and EaOM filter changes in my BMW K1200LT. Once a year Amsoil changes in my lawnmower. Amsoil transmission fluids in all the transmissions. Free parts and labor warranty should the fluids ever fail (they wont). Everything runs better since I got rid of the dino.

Tim, so none of Amsoil's oils are off spec.? Everything runs better since I got rid of the dino?
laugh.gif
smirk.gif

Tim, when is the last time you have heard of an engine failure due to oil? Only time I hear of it is from the 20+ engine failures per year due to Amsoil as stated by Big Al himself.

Buster, Amsoil is the best oil in the world and is warranted.

I run nothing but synth in my Z. Mobil 1 15W50 w/Mobil 1 or OEM filter for the engine and Redline MT-90 for the manual transmission.

I used to use Torco SR-1 5w-20, but I now use Valvoline Premium Conventional 5w-20. For me, synthetic is simply a waste of money.

Darryl

-drools- that 300zx of yours is my dream car Is yours one of the last 300 made, with the window badges, etc.?

Hey ThirdeYe. Yep,mine has the plaque on the dash that says "1970-1996 Nissan Commemorates The Z Car. Number 175 of 300."

It also has the 1970-1996 Z stickers on the side/rear windows. I bought her with 30k miles. She now only has 57k pampered and babied miles. Arctic Pearl White,black leather seats,T-Tops,and in showroom mint condition! Completely bone stock,too.

I recycle fluids and filters....

My Dad had run 27,000 miles on Amsoil the last time I was up there.
If I had not come up and changed it he would still be driving on that oci. With his type of driving he should hve changed it at about 15000 miles.

Just started using the MLM darling of the oil world, Amsoil 0W20 (ASM). I have noticed a marked difference in cold engine operation with this VS my previous 5W20s and MPG has jumped up by .5.
fruit.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back