2007 Honda Accord EX coupe

Looking at a 2007 Honda Accord EX coupe, loaded, everything but leather. 2.4 engine, auto, 91k miles. One owner great shape. They are asking $9500. Looking to buy as a second car. Questions. Is it worth $9500? Any know problems with the 2007 accords? thanks

Without doing any research that seems somewhat reasonable if the car is in the condition described.

I think its too much. A friend of mine bought an 06 last year for about 9 grand and it had about 80,000kms on it Leather set of brand new winter tires thrown in. Also, they gave him a check for 600$ for a minor P/S leak. Eventually might need to replace the pump but only a small leak now (for past year). Check the blue book pricing and see what it says. If its excellent condition..i would offer within the good condition range.

I could be wrong about price..based on kbb..not sure i had all options right but good condition says about 9100$ for private party selling price. So if all is in great shape you could maybe get 500 off.

That's the exact car I was looking for before I got the Firebird. The price doesn't seem out of line to me. I'd greatly prefer the 4 cylinder to the v6 in those Accords because of the v6 transmission issues.

Originally Posted By: millerbl00
What are the details of the v6 transmission issues? thanks
There was a certain range of years that the transmissions in the V-6 Honda/Acura cars were all kinds of explodey. I'm not sure if 2007 was one of those years, I was under the impression that the issue was sorted by that time.

They sorted it out after that generation of Accord. In 2008, the body style was revised and I believe they fixed the transmission issue around that time as well. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Thanks to everyone for advice. Still unsure...
The 4cyl cars were fine. The transmissions in those are as good as anything else out there.

Originally Posted By: typ901
v6 transmission issues were 6th gen 1998-2002.
They also had issues in the 2003-2007s. In fact, on CarComplaints.com, 2003 was the worst year. That said, I'd happily get one of the 4-cylinder models as those are much more reliable. I love the 2-door body style of that generation as well.

Thanks, decided to get it. I think for the price and condition its worth it. thanks everyone
Congrats smile

Good car, my bro has a 06 2.4 with 182k, the only part replaced is the starter a few months ago, other than that just reg Maint. I've done the OC's with PP 5w20 for the last few years.

millerbl00

Originally Posted By: laserred96gt
Good car, my bro has a 06 2.4 with 182k, the only part replaced is the starter a few months ago, other than that just reg Maint. I've done the OC's with PP 5w20 for the last few years.
Good to hear. I had a 2001 CRV but did not keep it long. I heard mixed reviews of the auto trans

Check the VIN at dealer, there was a recall on parts of the steering system. 03 transmissions suffered from lack of lubrication problems and that bleed into the early 04 models, Honda did a dealer fix and then production line fix mid 04. Other than that, there haven't been many problems with the transmissions. I think Honda learned from that.