2007 Honda Accord brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming up to 69,000 and will be replacing the front and maybe the rear disc pads soon. I have had very good results with the OEM pads. I was looking to install a ceramic pad. Any comments on which brand would be good....I am not looking for economy pads.....Thanks..

Just log onto tire rack dot com put in that you're looking for brakes, put in you vehicle plus year, and they have a nice selection of both ceramic, composite, and oem. each one of them has a rating, then just phone them up and they will give you their opinion. tire rack is always the place i look first for all of my auto needs. i am not an employee of tire rack, and i have no stock in their company.

Go to RockAuto.com and look up the Monroe Premium Ceramics. They are priced right (lower than Autozone and Advanced even with shipping). I just changed mine today...nice pads. Monroe even includes hardware and a packet of brake grease.

Plus, there is a $15 per set rebate right now.

And don't forget to use the 5% off RockAuto promo code.

The Bendix Import Quiet pads also comes with the brake grease, something nice for the DIY er.

+1 for Hawk HPS, hands down my favorite pad!

My 2nd choice would be Raybestos Advanced Technology pads.

I thought that they were ceramic too but they are not although I dont get a whole lot of brake dust...Honda says they are organic

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
I thought that they were ceramic too but they are not although I dont get a whole lot of brake dust...Honda says they are organic
Interesting. My Tundra specs Ceramic on the OEM pads, they would have been $130 for the set after discounts. So I went with these Wagner thermal quiet They stop better than my OEM pads, and you can have the set for around $30 after $30 rebate. Got mine at Rockauto.com

Stick with OEM - all the Hondas I've worked on for friends worked well with OEM but poorly with Raybestos.

The only non-OEM pads I've had luck with on Honda/Toyota are Australian(made by Bendix Mintex) Axxis/PBR pads and Bendix. I'm running PBR Deluxe Plus(also known as Bendix General CT in Oz), they are a NAO ceramic pad. Better than OEM pedal feel and stopping.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rszappa1

Ceramic is part of the NAO family.

Honda pads seem to be OK, but they do not handle heat very well. If they are used hard, they will deposit pad material unevenly (onto the rotors) and cause pedal pulsation problems.

The Raybestos Advanced Technology ceramics have worked fine for me on a Toyota. I would stay away from the Wagner Thermoquiet pads as they have a strange shim design that does not work well in all cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back