2007 Cobalt LT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harper is hardly "Bush Lite", he was a better alternative than the "Citizen of France" Stephan Dion, or the cracked-out NDP.

Sheeple's thinking should hardly be classified as such. Those who blatantly take what the media parades in front of them at face value; drinking it in, are hardly the great minds of our time.

The direction that the populous leans is determined by who is the most charismatic and who wields the most charm. It is about who can best bribe or trick to win the voter's favour.

The degeneration of society; not only the acceptance, but the embracing of "gang culture", "ebonics" and "basic" music has very much transgressed not only society, but of course the educational system as well.

This does not mean that great thinking ceases to continue; it of course does. It is just not as readily identifiable and defined as being embodied beyond the walls of great institutions as it once was. For better or worse, this seems to be the future.

The forum of great thinking has never been a constant. What was once an art of philosophers, physicists, chemists and architects. Of composers, painters and men of imagination was later captured beyond the walls of buildings who's inspiration was literally the embodiment of these things in it's form. Institutions who's purpose was to feed this process. As education became common, so did the majority of those who attended these institutions and their focus was changed.

And while people now may use the Internet as their new forum, it shares much with it's predecessor and they are intertwined as well. One can be at study and attending University, discussing philosophy both in class and in groups, but on-line as well. It is a hybrid of old and new now.

One who is truly great will find a way to step beyond the superficial confines that society has presented them, and will find their true form. The system is engineered for the masses, and it is those to which it serves. Those who think outside the mold are never at risk of being herded along with those who do.

Originally Posted By: scoobie
I think the same mind that built the USA suburbs, and the same mind that was behind pushing the giant Cadillac and SUV, is the same mind that cut down the last tree on Easter Island. And if you cannot learn from history, then you are doomed to repeat it. I for one, would like to leave a liveable planet for my children, and leave them a country with a prosperous economy, where they can find jobs and prosper themselves. The price of gas is very high in Europe, because they place a value on their future. Americans only live for the present = their motto = "what? me worry?" We pave over our farm land, so we can live in McMansions. What - grow food, I thought that comes from supermarkets. I'm not calling people stupid for not following my ideas, I'm saying that if people do not think, then they will be out of jobs. And a man without a job is like a dog.

You still didn't answer why sales of Subaru Foresters are at an all time high, and GM cannot even sell its Hummer Division to the Chinese, who are flush with US cash after selling us their cheap cr#%p in China-Mart. (Hint, they are not that stupid).

Being a pathologist I would think you have gone to College. So, talking to a person I think has some education I would expect you have taken Sociology 101.

Middle east killing countless people for not worshipping the same god.
Asia with Hong kong, Bejing and 100s of other SMOGGED cities
Afirca with there mass murders

But know, you think USAs big cars are the end of the world!!!!

Judging another group of people to your own is not a good idea.

You are but one man. Your ideas are your own. We like to here of others ideas, but being spoon fed how our life style is wrong since is dose not match yours is not something I would expect of a man with schooling under his belt.

This whole world has issues.

USA has gotten past wars, civil and world, depressions, ect . . .
Your ideas, nice, have no real use in the world of today.
Asia, Europe, ect. . . have all paved over "farm land" to build mega cities, and mega smog.

The way you live your life is great. Not everyone is you. We live in a diffrent part of the world. We have diffrent ways to our culture. You slamming us for not living like you is wrong. I do not judge the middle east or Africa for there life style. Every culture has there ways. Its not right or wrong. Its there culture. I do not practice the same views with cuba, Iran, North Korea, or most of africa, but I will not slander them for there ways. to them, we are wrong. To them we are bad.

Whos right? BOTH.

P.S. The chinese are not buying hummers because they have roads 4 feet wide!

I am done talking about this subject. I am sorry to the post maker for Hijacking this thread.

Alright, I appreciate the numbers, but I'm talking about something
perhaps less tangible. It's the feeling you get from driving the Impreza. The quality of the ride, the quietness, the stability, the responsiveness. The ability, when some idiot driver has decided that they don't want to let you pass, the ability to just LIGHTLY touch the accelerator and take it with NO EFFORT up to 100 mph, with the feeling of total stability. But it's mainly the feeling, almost like you're not really in a car. My wife has driven quite the menagerie of cars over the years, and when the first used Legacy showed up in the driveway, she didn't know what to think. In our Northern latitude, with heavy snowfall and almost non-existent snow clearing, she learned that she can always TRUST her Subaru to get her anywhere, WITH NO COMPLAINT FROM THE CAR, and with never any hint of loss of control, even with just the 99 legacy brighton, with only cheap all season tires. So when I asked her if it was o.k. to buy a new car, this year, she said - "fine, as long as it's a Subaru". then I said "how about 2 cars?", and she said, "as long as they're both Subaru's" (I actually only bought one, but was toying with buying two.) And the safety of the Scoobie also comes from the built-in stability control, and the strong responsiveness, to AVOID a collision. I took my kids in the Impreza, and their comment was "doesn't seem like a car, more like ice-skating, so smooth, absolute quietness" the low end torque from the engine redesign is awesome. My own impression from driving it is almost an emotional connection to the engineering team that designed it.
That's why Subaru owners, will typically state "I love my Subaru". You just do not get that with any other car, at least not in my experience.

perhaps less tangible. It's the feeling you get from driving the Impreza. The quality of the ride, the quietness, the stability, the responsiveness. The ability, when some idiot driver has decided that they don't want to let you pass, the ability to just LIGHTLY touch the accelerator and take it with NO EFFORT up to 100 mph, with the feeling of total stability. But it's mainly the feeling, almost like you're not really in a car. My wife has driven quite the menagerie of cars over the years, and when the first used Legacy showed up in the driveway, she didn't know what to think. In our Northern latitude, with heavy snowfall and almost non-existent snow clearing, she learned that she can always TRUST her Subaru to get her anywhere, WITH NO COMPLAINT FROM THE CAR, and with never any hint of loss of control, even with just the 99 legacy brighton, with only cheap all season tires. So when I asked her if it was o.k. to buy a new car, this year, she said - "fine, as long as it's a Subaru". then I said "how about 2 cars?", and she said, "as long as they're both Subaru's" (I actually only bought one, but was toying with buying two.) And the safety of the Scoobie also comes from the built-in stability control, and the strong responsiveness, to AVOID a collision. I took my kids in the Impreza, and their comment was "doesn't seem like a car, more like ice-skating, so smooth, absolute quietness" the low end torque from the engine redesign is awesome. My own impression from driving it is almost an emotional connection to the engineering team that designed it.
That's why Subaru owners, will typically state "I love my Subaru". You just do not get that with any other car, at least not in my experience.

I am glad you like your car. It would seem weird to have it if you did not like it.

I have had many experiences like yours. My lincoln now is the one of my favorite feeling rides. The 280 horsepower Jaguar V8 it has blows the doors off most passenger cars on the road.

My 97 BMW M3 was the best ride. There is no substitute to the feeling of pure sporty German engineering.

Soooo Yes, I can relate to your love of your car. Thats the reason were all here at this site, WE love our cars!!!
cheers3.gif

Good luck with your Impreza.

We did also have a 1973 BMW 2002, which was a lovely powerful and fun car to drive, and a 1975 VW Bus, with a tiny flat four in the rear, but a really nice 4 wheel independent suspension and nice ride, as well. It did however, really get blown around by side winds, and eventually the engine actually caught fire.

What I really appreciate about the Subaru engineering is the low centre of gravity, symmetrical AWD, and ride quality. Cars really have come a long way. Thank God, that "they don't build them like they used to". But GM really needs to get with it, or that company is just going to go belly up, and that is going to cause MAJOR PAIN for all of us.

You are describing (to me) what it's like to drive a V8 Mustang. I wouldn't trade that feeling for anything.

Of course (inversely) much of it stems from the ability to be able to abolish traction at the flick of the shifter and thrust of the pedal, but it all comes down to a love for the feel of the vehicle. I'm glad you love your Subaru. But I am far from naive enough to call the Mustang the "best car" even though for many, it feels that way.

The Mustang enthusiast community is, to my knowledge, the largest in the world. We have our own drag racing league; the NMRA.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
What engine does a 2007 Colbalt LT have in it?

How did my original post turn into all of the C R A P that I have been reading above? Thanks a bunch fellows.
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back