2015 10th gen Impala trans fluid check/change

2015 Impala LT V6 10th gen

With just over 100K, it's due for another fluid change. I bought it used and the 1st service was done at 45-50K. The manual states checking the fluid is difficult but I have a cap and dipstick....:unsure:.

Does this trans have a filter and is it serviceable?

Curious to the fluid change procedure. All input appreciated.

I know this isn't much help, but I would try to acquire the factory service manual. The service manual, combined with the info provided here and on Youtube, etc. should be plenty. On the bright side, subsequent fluid changes after doing this "research" will be relatively simple.

This trans does have a filter, however not serviceable without splitting the case. As far as drain and fill, the fluid level check procedure boiled down out of the service manual is to refill with "approximately 5 quarts of fluid", and then warm it up to between 180 and 200 degrees to check the fluid level. It also says to step on the brake and shift through the gears as it warms up. Definitely not difficult, but if there's no trans fluid temp in the driver information center you will need a scan tool capable of reading trans fluid temp to be 100% accurate.

Back