2024 Chevy Trax

Guess I’m having trouble with the fact that the entry level is now a compact SUV. Not really specific about GM, just the overall market shifting. I say that owning a Cruze and a Cobalt. Lol I want that mid to high 30s mpg in the eco box sticker price.
Not just GM doing that.
BMW's cheapest new vehicle is the BMW X1 suv.
This spot used to be held by the MBW 3 series, then the 2....not anymore.

So bumping this thread - anyone know much about that engine and trans - the Ecotec 1.2l and 6 speed AT. I realize this likely isn't a 300K miles drivetrain. Is it a reliable 100K drivetrain?

Maybe the Trax and clones have been good to some members here, but I've seen enough repair videos on them on the channels I like to prevent me from ever buying one, latest model or not. Plastic bits on the engine breaking. Fluid leaks, turbo problems. Blower motors that need to be cut out of the HVAC plenum, etc.

Guess I’m having trouble with the fact that the entry level is now a compact SUV. Not really specific about GM, just the overall market shifting. I say that owning a Cruze and a Cobalt. Lol I want that mid to high 30s mpg in the eco box sticker price.
GM and Ford have pretty much abandoned the car (sedan) market. You will have an SUV or CUV or you can go to some other company.

So bumping this thread - anyone know much about that engine and trans - the Ecotec 1.2l and 6 speed AT. I realize this likely isn't a 300K miles drivetrain. Is it a reliable 100K drivetrain?
Probably. No CVT, but the engine does have a oil bathed timing belt. So, it would depend on how hard that belt is to change Original should last at least 100K.

That is kinda silly isn't it. I guess anything to save costs. I wonder how the heater core comes out - cut the firewall?..

That's it!

What's amazing is most of the repairs like this I've seen are on fairly late models, like 2019+

When's the last time you had to replace an HVAC blower on a 4yr/old vehicle?

There was a south main auto channel video on one of the import Buick versions of this, where Erik had to replace the rear wiper motor. What a chore to get the plastic interior panels off. 99% of the population would break everything to bits in the process.

Yes, but I'm not sure how much different the 2024 models are from the 2023 models.
The 3 cylinder engine design is fairly new. Its different than the 4 cylinder used in the earlier version at least. I can't find a whole lot about the transmission - still a 6 speed auto so maybe the same? The vehicle is significantly larger.

I can't find much on technical details, so who knows if it was a clean board design or retrofitting what they already had.

Daewoo isn't particularly well respected in countries its sold as best I can tell. GM bought them in 2002. GM has never done that well in the smaller vehicle segments IMHO. I am curios but not running out to buy one.

Back