2006 Toyota GPS

For about two months, been getting a unable to read, check if DVD damaged or dirty.

Bought the used 2006 car in 2016, I and remember buying a disc on eBay and replacing it. But not really šŸ˜‚

Looked on google to see where in trunk it was. Came across a post saying itā€™s not the disc need to buy a new used dvd player so to speak šŸ™ˆ

I decided to put my beer down, and go look in the dark and give up SVU.

Well, I found the disc was very dirty and had a cloudy film on it???!! How?

I havenā€™t driven yet, but, I used my finger to move the map all the way to Seattle (Iā€™m in Phila), figuring it would have to read to do thatā€¦.

Over under says fixed but only real driving will tell.

I donā€™t use it to navigate, only to see where I am and the streets around (say if I needed to find a shortcut). Plus with no map, itā€™s annoying to see ā€œantennaā€ flashing for the XM radio. Old cars but we love them.

IMG_4592.jpeg
IMG_4594.jpeg
IMG_4595.jpeg
IMG_4593.jpeg

Isn't that what it's for, to navigate? Much better than using a paper map on your lap.
I use my phone so I can be aware of the etaā€¦but I keep the car gps oriented north so itā€™s displayed like an actual map.

Iā€™m hearing new cars donā€™t have gps without subscription? But the idea is to sync up oneā€™s phone.

The built in nav in any vehicle is garbage unless it just uses your phone. I don't even bother using the GM nav in my 2021 escalade. Android auto or apple car play with the phones nav is way better. It's why some car companies are now considering getting rid of those two to force people back into spending obscene amounts of money on built in nav which will forever be awful.

Back