2006 Jeep Liberty 3.7 65,000mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
And SupahTech 75w-140 for both front and rear diffs. That Chrysler 8 1/4 will Love It! Oh wait, You already changed it with Valvoline. My bad, just as Good, and probably costs close to the same amount as SupahTech Syn. Valvoline is what most ASE Mechanics use, I guess.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
OK, I'm not easily surprised anymore, but that's a new one. I can't even make up stuff as good as that.

Originally Posted By: NineFingerFury
I heard not to use synthetic in the diffs because it doesn't stick to the gears as well.

Well, glad I could surprise you. I know not to believe everything you read on the Internet, but when it's being said a lot of places and you have no prior education that says otherwise, it's hard not to believe.

Originally Posted By: 84zmyfavorite
I have a Good Friend here in Wenatchee, actually East Wenatchee that has a 2006 Liberty with the 3.7 at roughly the same mileage, and I was wondering if me talking about bobistheoilguy finally got to him, and you were him. His wife has a Tercel, though. Is your Liberty the MidNight Blue?

Ah. Mine is silver.

Originally Posted By: 84zmyfavorite
Why, I mean Why go 15,000 miles in my opinion. I would recommend a UOA to see where Your 3.7 is at, and fill her up with that PYB(in 5w-30) and spin on that Wix or my favorite, Purolator Classic for a peace of mind 5,000mile OCI.

I was talking about the diffs. I'm interested in longer OCI for my engine, but I wouldn't go 15k on my engine without a lot of UOA backing saying it would be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back