2006 CR-V AWD Gas Mileage Dreams

Thank you all for your responses, reality checks, and recommendations.

Things happen slowly in life now that a 4 month old takes up most of my time, but I’ve got a few things waiting to be installed, tire pressure to be tweaked, a leaking rear hatch window, etc… and will chime back in with any improvements or declines.

SUV's are inherently bad at fuel economy, being large and higher off the ground increases drag, AWD drive systems add weight and drive-line power losses, etc. Most SUV owners don't really need an SUV, and the poor gas mileage is part of the tradeoff.

SUV's are inherently bad at fuel economy, being large and higher off the ground increases drag, AWD drive systems add weight and drive-line power losses, etc. Most SUV owners don't really need an SUV, and the poor gas mileage is part of the tradeoff.
I'm with you on the "need" aspect. I don't need an SUV all the time. But, on days when I'm on set and need to schlep my kit, I NEED and SUV. The Honda Fit worked well to hold my gear, but the CRV holds it with fewer 5AM games of Tetris.

Tune up and maybe tires.

8 owners in 15yrs huh... Don’t spend too much on her, she ain’t wearing white to the wedding.
Hahahaha

Indeed.

This was more of a "I need a car NOW" in a very inflated used car market.

Once all the minor things for which I already bought parts are fixed, I'm pretty sure I'm done spending money on her.

Back