2006 Chevrolet Impala LS...ANY THOUGHTS?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking of trading in my Focus for a 2006 Impala LS 3.5 L, On Star, ABS almost everything but no leather. I did some research and it look reliable and safe. Basically looking for a inexpensive safe car because I have a long commute and after driving my moms SUV for a week I just figured out how small my Focus feels.....I love the Focus but feels like a highway death trap now. I test drove the Impala and it feels big/safe....Impala get good gas mileage (according to websites) Any thoughts from anyone on this vehicle??? Thanks,

Why not look at a Fusion?

We had an Impala (or was it a Malibu?) as a rental. The plastic piece around the shifter could be removed with your fingers. Dad and I were quite surprised. And far from impressed. Otherwise though, the car seemed quite nice and drove well.

Everyone that I know that has an Impala loves it. As long as it was maintained well, that 3.5L should serve you well.

Originally Posted By: aaxb970
I am thinking of trading in my Focus for a 2006 Impala LS 3.5 L, On Star, ABS almost everything but no leather. I did some research and it look reliable and safe. Basically looking for a inexpensive safe car because I have a long commute and after driving my moms SUV for a week I just figured out how small my Focus feels.....I love the Focus but feels like a highway death trap now. I test drove the Impala and it feels big/safe....Impala get good gas mileage (according to websites) Any thoughts from anyone on this vehicle??? Thanks,

Why? The Focus is not an unsafe car. It is not even small. Park it next to a BMW 5-series. Bigger? It also handles, something the Impala does not. Accident avoidance is a major safety factor.

LOL! There shall always be folks who thinks "wider is betta"......

Hummm...that brings back the GeeAmm commercial in the early 00s about Pontiac GranPrix widetrax....wida means betta?!?

Q.

If you get a great price on a 2006, don’t hesitate to buy it. Now if it is an earlier impala model, proceed with caution. The 2000-2004 models have been problematic.

Occasional failure of the Fuel Pressure Regulator, 3.8L VIN K engine only, and the Wiring System.
Occasional failure of the Transmission Pressure Control Solenoid (PCS) and the connections at the Transmission Pass-Thru Connector.
Occasional failure of the Ignition Lock Cylinder and Housing Assembly.
occasional failure of the Body Control Module.

Occasional failure of the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Programming and the Wiring System
Occasional failure of the Transmission Pressure Control Solenoid (PCS) and the connections at the Transmission Pass-Thru Connector.
Occasional failure of the Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS) Wiring.
Occasional problem with this vehicle is the failure of the Ignition Lock Cylinder and Housing Assembly
Occasional failure of the Body Control Module.

Occasional problem on this vehicle is the wiring harness failure at the A/C Accumulator Mounting Ring
Occasional failure of the Transmission Pressure Control Solenoid.
Occasional failure of the Ignition Lock Cylinder and Housing Assembly
Occasional failure of the Wiper Motor Crank Arm, Body Control Module and the Power Window Motors.

wiring harness failure at the A/C Accumulator Mounting Ring
Occasional failure of the connections at the Transmission Pass-Thru Connector.
Occasional Failure of the Ignition Lock Cylinder and Housing Assembly.
Occasional failure of the Body Control Module (BCM).

Occasional failure of the Ignition Lock Cylinder.
Occasional failure of the Instrument Cluster.

Its a 2006 with 24000 kms. My brother in law who sells car can get it to me for 12800 plus taxes . I love the focus but with my wife myself and my son in the car plus now that my grandma lives with us its kinda tight.

They're good, if not boring, cars. I have it's sibling, the 2006 Monte Carlo. There have been a few problems, mostly with the Tire Pressure Monitoring System and the intermediate steering shaft, but nothing catastrophic. Just shy of 39K on mine. I've got the 3.9L engine, if you're doing all highway and you're careful it returns over 30 MPG. Around town with my heavy foot its good for about 24. I'd imagine the 3.5L would do even better.

I've been in more Impala rentals than I care to recall.

It is the one car that I'd own, if I was in the car market.

Comfortable, good gas mileage, predictable...

Originally Posted By: aaxb970

My last two company cars were Impalas, 2004 had 165K when it left and only because they made me...2006 left Oct 07 w/ 90K and zero issues..and both vehicles serviced only at Jiffy Lube...so does that say anything (since JL isn't known for hiring the best rocket scientist)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back