Trade my Vette for a Impala

Hell with a rebuilt. I see a 1988 c4 with 150k miles on it going for 9,999 locally, or at least advertised as such. Bigger dealership (for the area) selling it.

I didn’t see any facelifted C4s listed for less than 8k last spring when I brought mine. But they don’t actually sell because their still listed lol.

I think realistically I can get $6-6500 on average locally.

I’m not really stressing about selling the car. But I get bored of my toys too easily.

Reactions: Ws6
OP said it was a front hit. Not hail. Not theft recovery. If it was worth $25K retail, it would have cost the insurance company around $20K to repair. THAT'S a lot of damage.
OP said it was a front hit. Not hail. Not theft recovery. If it was worth $25K retail, it would have cost the insurance company around $20K to repair. THAT'S a lot of damage.
I am not going to keep going back and forth about this car having on going future problems from being hit in the front end. I have seen hundreds of cars and trucks totaled out from a minor deer hit which would involve replacing all of the front end parts. Grille, bumper, hood, headlights, front fenders and maybe an a/c condenser/cooler and radiator. Absolutely no structure damage just a R&R remove and replace plus repaint. These deer hit vehicles are totaled out and look and drive like brand new when the are repaired and the buyer can have the work done and the vehicle finished for under wholesale book and the factory warranty is intact. I have purchased these vehicles myself. Saves big $$$$$$$$$ and after you own them a few years the still are worth a lot of money. Here is my deer hit 2014 F-150 light front hit with 38,000 actual miles purchased about 5 years ago and I had it finished for under $20,000 and I did not have to lift a finger. Runs and drives like new.

Attachments

• y1V%N08AS3emAi8bFwJB5g.jpg
    y1V%N08AS3emAi8bFwJB5g.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 7FnRyRL2QL2gZE0kUNVvHw.jpg
    7FnRyRL2QL2gZE0kUNVvHw.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 4
  • EYbwlSMmRcKwFgce9I0ysA.jpg
    EYbwlSMmRcKwFgce9I0ysA.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 4
I have seen hundreds of cars and trucks totaled out from a minor deer hit which would involve replacing all of the front end parts. Grille, bumper, hood, headlights, front fenders and maybe an a/c condenser/cooler and radiator. Absolutely no structure damage just a R&R remove and replace plus repaint. These deer hit vehicles are totaled out and look and drive like brand new
Maybe on a 3 or 4 year old car, but again, OP is talking about a car that was totaled when new with 56 miles. No insurance company is going to total out a car and pay off $25,000 if it can be repaired for a few thousand from a minor deer hit.

These deer hit vehicles are totaled out and look and drive like brand new when the are repaired and the buyer can have the work done and the vehicle finished for under wholesale book and the factory warranty is intact.
All manufacturers void their warranty if a car is totaled and becomes salvage. Read the owners manual.

Back