Traded The Camry...

So, in typical fashion, we had a spur of the moment thought to trade the Camry for a decent 2nd gen Tacoma. It always happens that when I'm driving the truck the other person driving the Camry will need to haul something big. Just so happened the used car dealer I've used before had a nice example. Went and checked it out for grins and giggles. Well they gave us a ridiculous trade in price (in a good way) for the Camry ($17,500). Just laying it out there, the Tacoma before taxes, title, etc. was $21,000. So I think we did good considering the market.

So, let me introduce you to our 2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4wd, 112K miles.

LqcL5GU.jpg

kyQtJB3.jpg

uNCYBuG.jpg

GlYRj3k.jpg

1XdbVcT.jpg

Kx3FmeK.jpg

Paint does need a full correction and other little things, but the frame is very clean and solid. Already ordered new tires (Cooper Discoverer AT3's) and Weathertech floor mats. As far as maintenance, well this truck was dealer maintained and has a full service record. Oil changes and rotations every 5K on the dot since new. Filters are new from what I seen. Probably a new set of sparkolators and a coolant exchange, but that's about it. Needs a good scrubbing to get to where I'm happy with it. This is a much better example of a second gen than my 2009 I had. Engine runs very well and transmission shifts better than what my 2009 ever did. Throughout the summer I'll clean up the frame and coat it.

That's going to be a bit of a different ride than a Camry.

I guess there are parts of the country where prices are not crazy apparently.
Otherwise enjoy your truck.

So, now I know why this truck runs and shift so good. Just got a buttload of services done!

FBV4sxu.jpg

This looks like the second transmission service for the truck. Doesn't have the shudder like my '09 had. I use the same dealer and I know they don't anything shady as far as not doing services, but billing for them.
Dude you absolutely stole that truck!!!!

Tacomas are solid mid-sized trucks. You will easily get several hundred thousand more miles out of it with good maintenance. Congrats!

a 4k trade fora camery?
No, not w/o 4 doors.
Will it fit the bill?
W/the 4 I'd call it a trade.
The auto transmis makes it close tho...
Do U need the bouncier drive, less maneuverability, etc (4 ft bed)
over
the camery?
For every automotive application there is a vehicle.
Truck/sedan = quite different. BUT...
many in suburbia are making this exact same choice. I want drivability, MPGs, a lill pep (last
2 R called Performance), smaller size (90% solo occupancy) durability. Gota usa mid sz s.wagon
(105" WB) and a lill 1st gen bronk. Once in a very great while (1 X/yr? every 5 yrs?) I barrow a lrg sz
pick up & often a trailer to do more serious haulin...
Congrats on the new truck~

a 4k trade fora camery?
No, not w/o 4 doors.
Will it fit the bill?
W/the 4 I'd call it a trade.
The auto transmis makes it close tho...
Do U need the bouncier drive, less maneuverability, etc (4 ft bed)
over
the camery?
For every automotive application there is a vehicle.
Truck/sedan = quite different. BUT...
many in suburbia are making this exact same choice. I want drivability, MPGs, a lill pep (last
2 R called Performance), smaller size (90% solo occupancy) durability. Gota usa mid sz s.wagon
(105" WB) and a lill 1st gen bronk. Once in a very great while (1 X/yr? every 5 yrs?) I barrow a lrg sz
pick up & often a trailer to do more serious haulin...
Congrats on the new truck~

Huh?

Back