2006 buick lucerne cxl

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy that owns the quick lube I go to has a tan 2006 buick lucerne cxl with 52k and is asking $6500. I offered him $6000 and he said he could do that. He picked it up at an auction with some rear end damage, the trunk lid and bumper were the only things that had to be replaced. It is in really nice shape, I spent some time looking at it before I talked to him and there aren't even any door dings it this thing, the interior shows very little wear and no stains on the carpet. It has the 3.8 in it. The only thing from just looking at it that it needs is tires, they're way past my comfort zone.

I'm asking because I have been looking for this exact car down to the color for a while and maybe not seeing the big picture. The only thing I can even think to ask about it is the intake manifold gaskets, do these have that issue like the older 3.8's?

What do you guys think?

Does it have a salvage title? Who did the repair work and are there invoices to back up the work?

+1 on checking the title.

I like those, and with a 3.8 it's a real winner. Any pictures of the damage pre-repair? Check the trunk well for water since it was hit in the rear.

I did see a pic of it before it was fixed and the lid was dented in some, where it bends to go down that line was not touched and the bumper was cracked, must be plastic. To me it looked like they backed into something rather than being in a wreck, he didn't know for sure.

He didn't say who did the repair but before he told me it was wrecked I couldn't tell.

I don't think the damage was enough for it to be totaled but I will check. I'm headed up there in bit here to test drive it.

Just did some pricing on tires, it has 17's, ouch!

The main thing is the rear quarter panels. Those are not replaceable. If they've been damaged, they're going to be full of Bondo.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
The main thing is the rear quarter panels. Those are not replaceable. If they've been damaged, they're going to be full of Bondo.

Actual real body shops can and do replace the rear quarters all the time. True that they don't bolt on, but they can be cut out and welded back in.

Rod

Not really.

Depending on where you live 6000 is not unreasonable. My old Grand Prix sold here on a dealer lot with 72,000 miles on it for 8900 in 3 days. This Buick is a 8000 dollar car in the Pacific Northwest all day long.

In 2006 the manifold gaskets had the update already. You should be good to go. Look between the head and intake, you can see the gasket. The metals one will be silver/gray.

Buick
Buick 2 with replaced engine.
Private seller

There were a few V8 ones but they were all over 8000 bucks with over 75,000 miles on them.

I need to move where some of you guys live. Cars must be cheap.

No. When my 98 Z28 was hit on the side by someone who blew a stop sign, a local shop replaced the rear quarter panel. They did an excellent job. You couldn't even tell the difference between the two welds.
Suck thing was I had only owned the car for 6 weeks.

Merk, I'm currently in Utah and just took this picture of a car parked 2 spaces down. It's an Impala

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Merk, I'm currently in Utah and just took this picture of a car parked 2 spaces down. It's an Impala

You know yourself that people in Utah don't know a Buick from a Bugatti and they want everything real cheap! I would imagine bodywork is included in that. There are more mini vans in this state that looked like they sat in the middle of world war two-than any where else.

Last edited:
Well I went back up to test drive it that day and he had already left so I called and left a voice message telling him I wanted to setup a time that I would like to run it over to my mech and have hime look at it. I haven't heard back and the car is still setting there so I may of dodged a bullet on this one.

Thanks for all your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back