Review (and car history?): 2011 Buick Regal CXL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by addyguy
I hate to say it, but oil consumption of a quart every 1-1.5k miles is pretty steep on an engine with less than 100k on it.

Usually when those 2.4 Ecotecs start doing that, it means there are serious issues with the engine.

Agree it sounds like a great car, but you might want to look at your engine health a bit more.

I'm due for an oil change in about 2000 miles, which in my case is a good 2 months. Next month I'll have my regular mechanic dig into it and check into that PCV inlet that apparently can get clogged. It's not like a real, user-changeable PCV valve (or I'd have changed it every year or 2); it's hard to access.

Well, the era (2014-2019) of the Buick Regal has at last come to a close.

On Friday I traded it in on a CPO 2015 BMW 328i sedan, and I'll create a thread about that. But I will always think well of the sturdy little gray car. Like its predecessor the Park Avenue, it kept me cool and warm as needed, handled the roads here with composure, and was inexpensive to buy, feed, maintain, and repair. I bought new tires and a new battery, kept it clean and waxed, gave it regular oil and fluid changes, and despite the recent oil consumption, found it a pleasure to own, look at, and drive.

After I moved all my papers and gear from it to the BMW, I gave it a last pat on the headlight. Somebody, said I to myself, is going to get a good little commuter car. (My regular mechanic, who knows how well I keep my cars, had a customer who was solidly interested in buying it, but as it turned out the BMW people gave me about the same amount as trade-in. It would have been nice to personally hand the keys to a new owner, though.)

Buick Regal, we shall not look upon your like again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back