2006 Bandwidth Speed Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
bandwidthplace.com

comcast cable
1st test - 16.1 mbits/s
2nd test - 1.5 mbits/s
3rd test 5.90 mbits/s

Dial-up for me. 36.6Kbps. Not fast, but it gets the job done. No cable or DSL available where I live. (9 miles from town)

grin.gif

Dial-up for me to. 50.5 kbps usually but today 49.2 kbps. Tony I have just implemented a bunch of tweaks and installed some sw and dial-up nearly as fast as work PC on 2MB link. Have DSL but why bother.

sprintman,

I am usually running at 44.2 kbps, but School is out and most kids are home on the Net. Hot as all heck, so things were slow. Normally I am really OK with dial-up

I use dialup with an accelerator program. I tried the test 5 times with different settings and got an error each time. Don't know what that means, but I'm happy with the speed the accelerator software adds.

1.2 megabits per second

Communications 1.2 megabits per second
Storage 141.6 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 7.2 seconds
Subjective rating Good

** End of Test **

For 1.5mb DSL...

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

2.1 megabits per second
Communications 2.1 megabits per second
Storage 261.8 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 3.9 seconds
Subjective rating Great

SBC DSL/Yahoo in Northern California.

I normally get about 2.1 to 2.3 on my "up to 2.4" ADSL line.

How long is it supposed to take? It's been stuck on "Free test in progress, please wait...
" for the last 10 minutes here.

EDIT: Nevermind, it must have been my Avant Browser that couldn't handle that site.

Communications: 1.6 megabits per second
Storage: 200.1 kilobytes per second
1MB file download: 5.1 seconds
Subjective rating: Great

That's for Neostrada TP (ADSL) at my folks' place.

1.2 megabits per second here at work on DSL.

I prefer giganew's test that displays real-time and average speed.
http://www.giganews.com/performance.html

Anyone with VoIP looking for a similar test, I've found this useful.
http://testmyvoip.com/

All the tweaks in the world could never get me to go back to dial-up. For BITOG and general browsing...fine, but downloading...forgetaboutit!

I keep running around 750kps from all the sites offered...which must mean that I'm paying for the lower DSL service ..but it's doing a good bang for the buck, apparently
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
I keep running around 750kps from all the sites offered...which must mean that I'm paying for the lower DSL service ..but it's doing a good bang for the buck, apparently
dunno.gif

I went from 1.2 to 2.4 DSL and notice little real world differance in performance. Other than speed tests, there are often other limits to how fast you can download something large.

It's the same as: My truck will go 110mph, my car will go 185 mph, it takes me 15 minutes to get to the parts store to buy an oil filter in either one.

LOL. Yes, when I first got DSL ..I merely exchanged long download and transitional times for stalled servers getting around to me.

Communications 2.7 megabits per second
Storage 332 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 3.1 seconds
Subjective rating Great

Charter "High Speed" Internet... I pay $42.99/month for this crap
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back