2005-2012 Ford 2.5 and 3.0 issues

I own a 2012 Ford Fusion with 50K miles.. i feel as if i did my homework but i missed something.

Was driving today and the check engine light came on and the wrench.. lost alot of power..shifted funny.. wrench went off..gained power back. Wrench came back on...repeat.

Scanned when i got home P2119 . (throttle body).

I googled for about 30 mins and found that its very very very common. http://www.fordproblems.com/electronic-throttle-body/

I got lucky.. didnt stall on the interstate..didnt leave me dead at a stop light..

Amazon has the Ford OEM part for $50.. takes about 15 mins to install.

Same throttle body is used in the 2.5 and 3.0.

I have no idea why im buying a Ford OEM part that is known to cause failure... I always go with OEM on crucial parts.. my other options seem to be chinese clones.

$50 seems cheap for a throttle body...not complaining. House brand is around $100 more at brick and mortars.

Maybe this will help or prepare someone at a later time... for now i wait on the part to come in the mail.

You may want to check for updated part numbers, Ford extended the warranty coverage on these throttle bodies because the failure rate was so high.

I've seen faulty ignition coils cause electrical interference & set throttle body blade performance codes on 3.0L Duratec's

Anytime a part is part of a recall the price drops because Ford is on the hook for it. Before they were recalled the 7.3L cam sensors were like $280 or something crazy. Once the recall hit the new part number dropped to like $35.

Update- looks like it is also on 2.0L fords also.

Fits C-Max, Escape, Fusion, Police Responder Hybrid, SSV Plug-In Hybrid, Taurus, Transit Connect

2.0 LITER DOHC. 2.5 LITER. C-Max. Escape, Mariner. Escape, Mariner; 2.5L. Escape, Mariner; 3.0L. Escape; 2.5L. Fusion Hybrid. Fusion; 2.0L; w/Hybrid. Fusion; 2.5L. Fusion; 2.5L, 3.0L. Milan. Milan Hybrid. MKZ Hybrid. MKZ; 2.0L; w/Hybrid. Transit Connect Van; 2.5L.

Throttle Body - Repair or Replace
If your Ford is idling rough, has suddenly lost performance or refuses to start, your throttle body could need some attention. Have it inspected or replaced by a professional to keep your Ford performing as it should.

DS7Z-9E926-D is real common. I keep 2 in stock but at one point we would stock 10 at a time. It does not come with the gasket 9L8Z-9E936-A for the 3.0L 8E5Z-9E936-A for the 2.5L. If you shoot me your VIN, either the whole thing or last 8, I can run OASIS and see if yours is under the warranty extension.

Be sure your new part number ends with "D". I had Ford change out mine under the extended warranty and it made a big difference in driveability. 2012 Escape with 3.0 V6.

Yeah my 2010 Escape 2.5was hesitating and instead of dealing with Ford I bought the Standard/TechSmart aftermarket new one from work for cheap and installed it. No issues since. This was at around 80K miles. I had tried cleaning the old one and it did not help.

Back