2004 VW Jetta 2.0 - Valvoline Maxlife 10w30

Screenshot 2021-12-29 195407.jpg

Here is my first UOA in my 2004 VW Jetta 2.0 N/A at 3k miles with 120k miles. Tons of city driving in heavy traffic, I am planning to do another UOA at 6k.

Looks just fine but isn't your car spec'd for VW 502 oils?

That would apply if the owner was going the distance on the maintenance reminder and doing extended OCIs.

With 3-6k mile intervals, even the cheapest conventional juice will handle duties just fine. It’s not a stressed engine.

Screenshot 2022-05-17 202909.jpg

I recently did a second oil analysis on the same oil, it has 7k miles on the oil, I added 1.5 qts of make up oil. It´s crazy how low the wear number are considering how hard I have driven the car, I am bit concerned about the increase in the viscosity and the slightly low TBN, I´m gonna change the oil in the next 2 weeks to be safe.

I think it could be extended out a bit further, TBH. There's plenty of base left in it and the vis is fine.
If you choose to change oil soon, it's not a big deal, but you could get a bit more out of the oil before disposing of it. I think the risk is very low given the low wear and low contamination.

@Emanuel — I see green in your report. The Lab also suggests all is well. @dnewton3 also feels you can definitely go longer and there’s no need to dump the oil right now. Get more use out of it. 👍🏼

Back