Pennzoil Plat Euro 0w-40 / 10,000mi OCI / 19,851mi / 2017 VW Touareg 3.6 VR6

I'm new here posting but have been reading and learning from you all for nearly 20 years. I wanted to start sharing UOAs from my various vehicles over the past 10 years. Here is the first almost 10k OCI on my now sold 2017 VW Touareg 3.6 VR6. Oil was in service for about 6 months and driving was 75% highway 25% rural back roads and city driving, driven quickly but not beaten on. This is the first of 4x 10k OCI runs with Pennzoil Platinum Euro 0w-40 and as you can see the results are great.

2017 VW TOUAREG-19851 miles.jpg

Here is run #2 for the Pennzoil Platinum Euro 0w-40 in my 2017 VW Touareg 3.6 VR6.

2017 VW TOUAREG-29581 miles.jpg

Run #4 Pennzoil Platinum Euro 0w-40 in my 2017 VW Touareg 3.6 VR6. This satisfied me that PP Euro would consistently handle 10k OCI year round with my driving style and habits. My plan was to check back at 100k miles with another UOA but the sport sedan bug hit me and I traded this gorgeous vehicle with about 78,000 miles in for an even more gorgeous new 2021 Audi S4.

2017 VW TOUAREG-49664 miles.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently you don't realize that you could have just posted the 4th one, as all the others are cumulative on the same sheet ....

Thanks for the share!

Only thing that really stands out is the fuel dilution, which you can see impacts both the viscosity and flash point.

Reactions: wlk
Thanks for the share!

Only thing that really stands out is the fuel dilution, which you can see impacts both the viscosity and flash point.

Agreed on the fuel dilution. What struck me as impressive was that the engine didn’t seem to care about the reduced viscosity and lower flash point and still returned impressively low wear metals numbers. Maybe for the long term fuel dilution could contribute to intake valve deposits but in my immediate family we’ve run a few of these VW/audi DI engines up to 150k miles and have never had deposit issues so who knows.

Back