2004 Toyota Camry Le 2.4L V4 motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Nissanfan845
Hi everyone we currently have a 2004 Toyota Camry Le 2.4L V4 with 165957 miles on it currently. We have been using Valvoline SynPower and Valvoline Advanced 10W30 Synthetic motor oil and a Mobil 1 or K&N air filter on all the motor changes since brand new. The 2.4L engine runs like new and smooth. What motor oil brands would be best to use on our 2004 Toyota Camry Le 2.4L V4?? Should we continue using what we currently use for all our oil changes? In Florida it gets hot and humid in the summer and in the winter we drive our 2004 Toyota Camry Le to New York in the winter where it gets cold. I drive all our vehicles hard. What motor oil brands and oil filters do you guys recommend using?? This 2004 Toyota Camry Le 2.4L V4 is the most reliable and dependable vehicle we ever owned and I would like it to continue to be.

Original specs call for 5W-30. 5W-30 will serve you well for both climates. If your OCI is 5,000 miles, I would use a conventional oil, any brand at Walmart will do (same with the oil filter). If you extend to 7500 miles, keep using the synthetic oil. I have a 2006 Camry with 196k miles. I've used 5W-30 conventional since I bought it with 41k miles on it. I kept the OCI pretty close to 5k.

Good luck.

I plan on to keep using Valvoline SynPower or Advanced Synthetic motor oil 10W30 in Florida in the summer and 5W30 in the winter when we are in upstate New York both work perfect for the climate. Also will continue to always use Mobil 1 and K&N oil filters since they both have synthetic media and filter the contaminates in the motor oil very well. OCI's will be kept at 3K or every 3 months whatever comes first a specially in hot and humid Florida even if you guys think it's a waste it is what works excellent for this 2004 Toyota Camry Le 2.4L four cylinder. Before this vehicle we had a 2001 Toyota Camry with 305K miles on it that we traded in and it still ran great they are some of the best vehicles you can purchase Toyota that is.

The early 2.4 may have been great. The one in my Camry either needs new pistons or I dont know or give a f&*@#

I'll run it til it grenades

I plan on to keep using Valvoline SynPower or Advanced Synthetic motor oil 10W30 in Florida in the summer and 5W30 in the winter when we are in upstate New York both work perfect for the climate. Also will continue to always use Mobil 1 and K&N oil filters since they both have synthetic media and filter the contaminates in the motor oil very well. OCI's will be kept at 3K or every 3 months whatever comes first a specially in hot and humid Florida even if you guys think it's a waste it is what works excellent for this 2004 Toyota Camry Le 2.4L four cylinder. Before this vehicle we had a 2001 Toyota Camry with 305K miles on it that we traded in and it still ran great they are some of the best vehicles you can purchase Toyota that is.

What was the point of your question then?

As for the condition of the Valvoline SynPower or Advanced Synthetic motor oil when I change it the weather conditions are anything but normal in mid summer in Florida it can get 100+ degrees with humidity very bad and HOT and in upstate New York in the winter it gets below freezing and in the single digits some days. The color of the motor oil is black when changing the oil every 3K miles or every 3 months I honestly don't know how the guys here on this forum go as long as they do without changing their motor oil? The Mobil 1 and K&N oil filters filter the contaminates out of the motor oil very well as the motor oil that comes out of the oil filter is pitch black and thick so it is time for a new oil filter after 3K miles or every 3 months in the severe weather conditions my 2004 Toyota Camry Le 2.4L four cylinder see. I would not want to keep this black contaminated motor oil in my 2.4L four cylinder engine for a long time. Also if you do oil changes every 3K miles or every 3 months that is only approximately four oil changes every year which is not bad if you doing your own oil changes and purchasing your motor oil and oil filters at places like Wally World etc.

Last edited:
I will get an motor oil analysis from Blackstone Labs soon on all of our vehicles and we will find where we are at.

Last edited:
I will get an motor oil analysis from Blackstone Labs soon on all of our vehicles and we will find where we are at.

What will you look for on the analysis to tell you that?

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
The early 2.4 may have been great. The one in my Camry either needs new pistons or I dont know or give a f&*@#

I'll run it til it grenades

After about 2006-07, Toyota had some piston ring issues and these engines experienced a great deal of blow by. They knew it, they TSB'd them under warranty up to a certain date and have certainly fixed this issue since ~ 2011 IIRC. Lots of info on this. But like you said..."I'll run it til it grenades".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back