2004 (New Style) F150 5.4 3V Plug Change

My sons boss/friend/shop foreman at the Ford dealership they work at, changed his 2004 F150 (New style) 5.4 3V spark plugs today. The engine has 80K miles on it. 4 broke (1,4,5,8). He said these were the WORST 5.4 3V plugs he has EVER removed! Thank God for the LISLE extractor tool.
He also changed his fuel filter, trans pan drop/filter + flush (16 qts. of MC Mercon V fluid) and rear differential fluid change.
He used ALL Ford/Motorcraft parts and fluid. $400 labor and he tipped him $50.

5.43V.jpg

Need to do that on my 04 with 99K, and it's been sitting the last 9 years.
Before he bought his truck with 40K miles, it too had been sitting for almost 9 years.
My advice, run 3-4 bottles of TECHRON in the gas before having the plugs changed. It will help to clean the carbon off of the plug shields to less likely have them break off in the plug hole.

Before he bought his truck with 40K miles, it too had been sitting for almost 9 years.
My advice, run 3-4 bottles of TECHRON in the gas before having the plugs changed. It will help to clean the carbon off of the plug shields to less likely have them break off in the plug hole.
Thing barely ran when I picked it up back then. Cam phasers I suspect, from the codes that were stored.

Do you sometimes forget about some of them?
Naw, just that pre-pandemic, I kept buying stuff that seemed too good to pass up. After the auctions shut down, I have more time to get them done and sold without adding more. It's an addiction. An addiction that at least makes a profit, ideally.

Back