2004 Malibu Maxx 160K head pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Looking through the oil fill hole, I see heavy varnish buildup on that cross hatch pattern.

With the same eyes that tell you 5w-30 is too thin?

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Very nice. Our Malibu is a 2.2 but darn is a nice vehicle. We have the sedan but I had wished we got the hatchback. More flexible and it seemed to be a nicer vehicle. In terms of the cover. It looks great to me. Keep doing what you're doing and enjoy it. How is the suspension holding up? Our Malibu has had a few things needed to keep her driving smooth. Lower control arms, sway bar links, struts. Pain but she has been so good to us. Can't part with her

Actually, I did do the front lower controls arms. Forgot about that. I was fortunate to own a repair shop and just put it up on the lift. Same with tires. I never pay for mounting and balancing! The front struts are holding up OK, as are the rear shocks. Not bouncy at all. Maybe a little clunk in the front.
The dealer replaced the rack & pinion under warranty but it was NOS, so we have to go back this year for an updated unit when my kid has time from school.

My wife loved (still loves) her Maxx because we can fit so much stuff in the back. The rear hatch is insane. When we were looking for a car this year, we would have considered the Honda Crosstour, but they killed it in 2015 and my wife wanted new. My wife did so much research on vehicles this year, it was mindboggling.
She settled on her KIA Optima SXL 2.0L Turbo. The car is outstanding and the trunk can fit a LOT of stuff. It's an awesome "cah"!

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Looking through the oil fill hole, I see heavy varnish buildup on that cross hatch pattern.

I see what you did there, ya old bastid!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back