2003 Ford Taurus ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I was just having fun.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: panthermike
I've had good luck w/ ARX in the tranny. Have 1200 miles w/ ARX in my trans now(need to change soon :) Trans is shifting great. I will also be using a synthetic tranny fluid.

I went way over on the mileage when I had Auto-Rx in my transmission, closer to 2000 miles. No problem.

I highly recommend Amsoil ATF if its speced for your can.

What kind of ATF is speced for a "can"?
grin2.gif

Oh, I thought we were talking about a Honda Civic w/ a 5" muffler and 3 foot wing.

I have a '96 FORD windstar.....I add 9 ounces of Auto-RX about 1000 miles or so before I do the fluid exchange.
These transmissions can build up deposits around the valves.....which leads to problems......I am hoping that the Auto-RX gives them a little extra cleaning.
I also have a Magnefine filter installed in the transmission fluid cooler line to filter out the finer particles.

You can do the cooler line fluid exchange or......you can have a shop do the fluid exchange for you.
Many oil change shops have a fluid exchange machine that meters new fluid in at the same rate that your transmission pushes the old fluid out.
Most shops will use the fluid that you bring if you have a particlular brand that you want to use.....like the Amsoil that was discussed.....few shops will carry the Amsoil....so you would need to provide that.

Originally Posted By: beermanj
Thanks, has your car had any engine sludge problems. I heard the 2.7 has some sludge issues. Obviously you auto rx'd the engine also.

I've got the 3.5, not the 2.7. Before I bought the 'trep, I did some research and soon came to the conclusion that I wouldn't touch the 2.7 with a ten foot crankshaft.

I've been real happy with the 3.5. Lots of power (234 horse) and it still gets right around 30 mpg cruising at 75 mph.

Yeah, I gave it an ARX treatment when I bought it. As a matter of fact, I just dumped in another bottle since it's been 50,000 miles since the last treatment. I like the idea of a clean engine, especially the ring packs.

Just one of the many things I've learned about on BITOG.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: panthermike
I've had good luck w/ ARX in the tranny. Have 1200 miles w/ ARX in my trans now(need to change soon :) Trans is shifting great. I will also be using a synthetic tranny fluid.

I went way over on the mileage when I had Auto-Rx in my transmission, closer to 2000 miles. No problem.

I highly recommend Amsoil ATF if its speced for your can.

I once went 3000 miles with 6 ounces of auto-rx in the trans, no problem since auto-rx liquifies the crud and any junk will fall to the bottom of the trans pan. My screened trans filter was clean, the liquified junk flowed right through it. This was on an El Camino.

I also went 3000 miles on my Marauder's transmission that had a felt type filter, no problems there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back