2003 F150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey looking to get some input on a 2003 F150 4.2 V6 oil recommedation...truck has 43K miles on it.. just bought it, not sure whats been used in the truck, older gentleman owned... i know it specs 5-20.... but was curious what peoples thoughts was on different brand 5-20s....

also and what filters... usually im a Wix person... but probably run a motorcraft on this thing...

There are no bad 5W-20, ILSAC/Ford-approved oils. Wix and Motorcraft are both good filters and have the thread-end bypass and silicone anti-drainback valve Ford prefers.

The answer is pretty much do whatever.

That truck should spec a FL-400S. I'm a fan if you can't tell. I put it on all of my cars that it will fit. Right now there is one on my Tundra. Can't go wrong with that filter, bought for less than $3 at wally world IIRC.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
A Motorcraft filter and 5 quart jug of Motorcraft 5W20 should be about $15 at Wal-Mart. You really can't go wrong with that.

+1

You can not do ANY BETTER.

Bill

Originally Posted By: FL-400S
That truck should spec a FL-400S. I'm a fan if you can't tell. I put it on all of my cars that it will fit. Right now there is one on my Tundra. Can't go wrong with that filter, bought for less than $3 at wally world IIRC.

If that's the Motorcraft filter you're talking about, none of the Wal marts carry any of them. Just the Fram and SuperTech [censored].
frown.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
A Motorcraft filter and 5 quart jug of Motorcraft 5W20 should be about $15 at Wal-Mart. You really can't go wrong with that.

+1

You can not do ANY BETTER.

Bill

+2

Fords love Motorcraft!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back