2002 Ford Aerostar limited van... need input...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
could you use the VIN# to find out if all recalls were done??

Sure, go to your Ford dealer and ask the service dept to run an OASIS report with the VIN. Will show all that has been done by a Ford shop.

A NY ford windstar with 188,000 miles on it would scare me.

It's going to have serious rust issues (as most Fords do) and the transmission is living on borrowed time.

The transmissions were NOT reliable in the Ford Taurus, significantly less in a heavier minivan that would routinely see more loads.

Quote:
Then there was the GM anteater family of Trans Sport,Lumina APV,Silhouette.....try to find one of those today...

I don't see too many of those, and the one I did see had transmission issues... Like, would not go reverse until running in idle a very long time...

Maybe they were very horrible and that is why they are not seen?

Or the Chevy "Warner Bros. Edition" minivan....

have pocket change for a transmission is my advice if you do get it. they have a bad reputation for [censored] transmissions, just call the local salvage yard and ask which minivan they have the most of in there inventory.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
The transmissions were NOT reliable in the Ford Taurus, significantly less in a heavier minivan that would routinely see more loads.

Outside of the bad years with the aluminum piston they were reliable when you changed fluid every 30k like clockwork. Neglect them and they were unreliable POS's. But keep on the maintenance and they were fine.

That being said none of the minivans are particularly good.

well interesting twist... mech. looked at it, said ok to buy but talk them down... She called the guy and he sold it to somebody else... end of story... She needs a small car for work anyway... right now she has my harley truck but not a real great backroad commuter... I'll be back for advice on next purchase... thanks again...

DEATHSTAR IS GONE...

Cars are piling up at the local dealer... including brand new corvette with 67 miles on it... brand new yukon denali with 1300 miles... Dozens of vehicles damaged in this flash flood along with many more in the weeklong flooding all along the mohawk valleye... I've had alot of miles for work this last few weeks and seems like every bucket loader in the state is cleaning out streams ditchs and even sitting in the middle of the river digging out the channel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back