2000 saturn SC2 162,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am burning less than 1 quart betwwen changes with the same process for over 50,000 miles now... from 0 -1000 miles no oil burning from 1001 to 2000 miles add up to 1 quart then from 2-3000 miles again no burning. What oil can i use that will stop this burnoff between 1000 and 2000 .. I have tried Pennzoil , quaker state havoline... what is the magic cure

Might want to try out a high-mileage oil. Many people find that they improve minor leak and burning issues. The offerings from Valvoline and Castrol are generally highly regarded.

There is no magic cure. There *is* good chemistry to use that will work in your favor. No oil alone has the cure. Bottom line: you've gotta get those rings free from carbon.

First, grab a bottle of Auto-Rx and strictly follow the directions. Change your PCV valve or at least clean out your current one. Once the Auto-Rx rinse phase is over, you may want to use a High Milage 30wt oil. Pennzoil's 5w-30 is a fine HM product worth considering.

As an aside, clean out your fuel system. Lube Control's Fuel Power or "FP Plus" are excellent products and the best at keeping carbon out of the fuel rail/combustion chamber. Chevron's Techron Concentrate is an honorable mention if you so choose.

174K on my Saturn, no consumption. Auto-Rx is a cheap & easy way to clean out things. It's no mechanic genie in a bottle, but it *is* good chemistry that works quite well.

cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back