2000 Ford Focus SE; Can I use Mobil 1 right away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girlfriend just purchased a 2000 Ford Focus SE (man, I love how that car handles). The Focus has aprox. 37,000 miles on the odometer. It has seen nothing but the finest dino juice since the car was brand new.

Can I use Mobil 1 right away for the next oil change? Or should I use a synthetic blend for a couple of oil changes before switching to Mobil 1? Should I worry about the seals leaking with Mobil 1 or is this just a myth?

I want her to run Mobil 1 for the cold weather protection in my climate (the frozen wasteland of ND) and also because she often forgets to change the oil on time. I figure she will have no problem running 6K changes without oil analysis.

Thanks for the advice!!

[ July 17, 2003, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: MinnesotaNole ]

You should have no problems at all going with M1 5W-30. Since the car is only three years old and only has about 37,000 miles you should have no trouble. I would do an oil change about 3,000 miles after putting M1 in and then every 5,000 or 6,000 miles or less often if you verify oil condition with a UOA.

I rented a Ford Focus in 2000 and loved the way the car handled and all the room it had (for a compact car) and ever since then I have wanted to buy one but my wife just won't let me! We bought a used BMW for her instead of a new Focus for me.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back