2000 Dodge Ram 5.9L - 735 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
I always think these crazy low mileage barn find cars are interesting. Kind of like time capsules whether it's 15 or 75 years old.

Bidding ended on eBay but it looks like the reserve wasn't met.

eBay Link

It's a nice truck, but I can see why the reserve wasn't met. Obviously the owner thinks it's worth a lot more than the bidders did.

I guess it is just not my thing, but I can't see why an ordinary truck is worth that much money, no matter how ugly the color scheme! I would be wary of a seller who misspells "Dodge" in an ad for a Dodge truck. It does say "museum quality." The problem might be finding the right museum...

It does appear to be in great shape. He's out of his mind on the price though. There is nothing rare or special about the make and model. If he gets anyone willing to pay more than $3-5k he better take the money and run or I suspect it will be sitting for many more years to come.

There was a write up about this on anther site. Basically a used vehicle whose owner thought it was worth more money than anybody else did. We have seen the same situation on here and other places.

If he holds on to it long enough it will be, not sure 19 years is enough. It sure looks like the real thing.

I prefer the 1994-1997 interior, but it is a really nice truck.

Not nearly rare or unique enough for the money they're asking. I wonder why the VIN # is not coming up on Autocheck-- I would think it should still be in the system even if it's never been registered. On all cars I've run reports on, there's always one or two entries before the ones that reference registration or sale to the original owner. Color me skeptical.

There's nothing special about it. But if someone had one back in the day, doesn't care about the cost, and wants to relive those memories, he is the buyer the seller is looking for.

The eBay description makes no sense, claiming the truck was never titled. Unless it's still in a dealer's vehicle inventory from 19 years ago, anyone else buying it as a future classic would have to title the car. To insure it, I'm almost certain the owner would have to register the truck. And if it never had license tags, how was it serviced over the years? Something is fishy here. Maybe it was owned by a Nigerian prince.

The check digit in the VIN works out, still something doesn't sit right with me- specifically never having been titled.

Originally Posted by fisher83
Think it's still on the original transmission? That could make it rare!

I've seen some well taken care of 46RE's go the distance, People think they are shot when they simply need a Governor Pressure Solenoid & Governor Pressure Transducer......Pattern Failure on those!!!!

The difference between when that truck was New & Now is......Most (That were around them or owed one) KNOW how HORRID they were!

*Previous generation GM (GMT400) brakes.....Chrysler literally stole a brake system that was designed in the 80's. (2001 was upgraded)
*Repurposed AMC/Jeep front suspension on the 4x4 models.....Made the GMT400 front suspension look good.
*Body flexes so much that the windshield can crack over rough terrain.
*PCM solder joint issues.
*Every one of this generation Ram will need a Evaporator Core in its lifetime.
*Imploding Dash Carriers ('98-'02) in particular.
*Crank Sensor pattern failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back