2000 Dodge Caravan / how oftent to change filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How often is it necessary to have the fuel filter replaced in this van or any vehicle for that matter? I have 30k on this current fuel filter and my mechanic told me I should replace it at least every 30k. Van has 78k on it now. Runs perfectly fine. Is it best to replace this thing; thus avoiding a problem? Or what is your take on this?

I have the 2000 Grand Caravan with the 3.8L V6. The filter is a PITA to replace since it requires lowering the gas tank a few inches to get to the filter. I replaced mine at 50k and 100k miles. Not sure it needed at 50k mi, but it didn't hurt. I don't think 30k mi is necessary unless you have symptoms of clogging.

Not to divert away but is that the same for my 02 Grand Caravan? The filter is under the gas tank? Was it really difficult or complete horror show?

Thanks.

I have an 00 3.3 the fuel filter really isn't that bad. I do mine every 2 years. Sart with an almost empty tank. Jack up the back and put it on stands. Then put a floor jack under the tank with a sheet 2x6 between the jake and tank. Undo the tank straps and slowly lower the inside part of tank until you can reach the connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back