$20 to spend on Amazon..

My mad money was burning a hole in my pocket, so I bought a Gearwrench 1/4" drive teardrop ratchet, part #81011T. Nice little addition to the toolbox. Now I need a new set of 1/4" sockets...

A laser pointed temperature gun.

These are both way more useful and fun than they look.

I got one for Christmas a year or two back; I got it specifically to look at exhaust and coolant hose temps. I find all kinds of uses for it, automotive and otherwise. Even the cheap ones work great.

If you don't have a vacuum extractor pump, that's what I would be spending my money on first.
Got one of those recently that I haven't had a chance to use yet. Check my post a couple back, I spent my Amazon money on a new 1/4" ratchet.

Last edited:
What is a pass thru socket? I clicked the link but I don’t understand.
Couple of links that may help:

Others can probably explain it better than me but basically they come in handy when you have a tight space where the socket and ratchet together may not fit (too long since on a pass through socket the socket sits in the ratchet rather than on the ratchet), or if you need whatever you are loosening to be able to "pass thru" the socket since the socket is open ended.

Last edited:
Spent my $20 gift card on this little guy:
YourMomGoesToCollege.jpg

These are both way more useful and fun than they look.

I got one for Christmas a year or two back; I got it specifically to look at exhaust and coolant hose temps. I find all kinds of uses for it, automotive and otherwise. Even the cheap ones work great.
Agree. I actually got it for HVAC use, but use it all the time with my 3D printing hobby.

Back