I love me some Knipex - Amazon

Every Knipex tool I purchase is awesome. Seems like Knipex on Amazon is legit, and prices are great............but............

1) Super slow to ship
2) Twice now, show inventory and then take a LONG time, then say out, then say they can't honor the price

Anyone had this happen? Pretty irritating, maybe bordering on false ads............
Ive bought a few for various jobs. Seem legit. Usually get them with prime overnight or in a day or two…

Ive bought a few for various jobs. Seem legit. Usually get them with prime overnight or in a day or two…
Not a problem with Knipex.

It's Amazon. So I see my card charged $31. For the $23 tool. Completely different seller. This is NOT the first time and it only happens with Knipex tools. Weird. So I hit cancel because it hasn't shipped yet. Nope too late. Preparing to ship. Ugg.

Call Amazon to gripe. Their solution:

"If you don't want to have the item, kindly return them back to us so, you can purchase the $23.03 one"

Ugg.

Not a problem with Knipex.

It's Amazon. So I see my card charged $31. For the $23 tool. Completely different seller. This is NOT the first time and it only happens with Knipex tools. Weird. So I hit cancel because it hasn't shipped yet. Nope too late. Preparing to ship. Ugg.

Call Amazon to gripe. Their solution:

"If you don't want to have the item, kindly return them back to us so, you can purchase the $23.03 one"

Ugg.
Oh that’s stupid. I haven’t seen that one yet. I have occasionally put the more expensive version in the cart when there were multiple options.

Reminds me I need to buy some Cobras. I kind of abused my Channellocks and was hoping to upgrade to the them for work. (Used them to grip a ground rod on a temporary service that was being pulled out by a small crane on a bucket truck. Failed and cut it flush with the ground.)

I was able to bend them back with a hammer and they’ve been good ever since. Can’t justify the purchase yet. Lol
IMG_5548.jpeg
IMG_5549.jpeg

Just got back from New Zealand to see the family and grandkids.While we were there,attempted to get a large size,ocean fish hook out of neighbors dog lip.Their junk tools wouldn't cut the hook.Dog jerked his head and the hook went thru my thumb with the dog still attached.I was basically up the creek without a paddle.Neighbor tried a linesman pliers,and then had to use a small bolt cutter.The hooks are very hard,not as big as a coat hanger.The dog and I are fine.My question?Would a 8 inch Kniplex side cutter do it,or go to 10 inch, angle or straight?Any body have a recommended model.Thanks!Doo Doo happens,look up 'In Trouble' in the dictionary, my picture is in there!L.O.L.

Oh that’s stupid. I haven’t seen that one yet. I have occasionally put the more expensive version in the cart when there were multiple options.
It started several years back with a Knipex pliers (saw here) that showed in stock, great price, ordered, then Amazon cancelled the order. Out and would not honor the price. How is that even legal?

Next was the wire stripper, same game as this most recent escapade.

It started several years back with a Knipex pliers (saw here) that showed in stock, great price, ordered, then Amazon cancelled the order. Out and would not honor the price. How is that even legal?

Next was the wire stripper, same game as this most recent escapade.
So weird. I must have bought ten sets of different ones over the last few years and no such issue. I have no idea…

I have a pair of the Raptor pliers, awesome for gripping rusted exhaust flange nuts that have corroded down to a size that no socket will fit. Just cherry up the nut with a torch and they work great. I also have a set if the slip joint “channel lock” style that I love.

Every Knipex tool I purchase is awesome. Seems like Knipex on Amazon is legit, and prices are great............but............

1) Super slow to ship
2) Twice now, show inventory and then take a LONG time, then say out, then say they can't honor the price

Anyone had this happen? Pretty irritating, maybe bordering on false ads............
What makes them so great?

I have bought lots of Knipex and NSW pliers from Amazon and knock on wood never had any problem.
Trav,I enjoy your responses here with your knowledge and experience with tools.I buy my tools from Handtools From Germany.They have both NSW and Knipex,As I posted earlier about cutting hardened steel in a fish hook,do you have any favorites?I'm thinking 8 inch or 200mm.Thanks!!!

Amazon? Usually lower prices.

Knipex? straight up quality and durability. Much better steel alloys and robust, fully ergonomic design.
I have thought about buying some knipex, but I have had great success with Channelock Brand. I wonder if there are any comparisons floating around online.

Trav,I enjoy your responses here with your knowledge and experience with tools.I buy my tools from Handtools From Germany.They have both NSW and Knipex,As I posted earlier about cutting hardened steel in a fish hook,do you have any favorites?I'm thinking 8 inch or 200mm.Thanks!!!
NWS 8" Would be my choice for something like that, 62 HRC will hold up to heavy use.
NWS 138-69-200 8" Heavy Duty Lever Side Cutter FantasticoPlus - TitanFinish - SoftGripp

TBS Aachen may be worth a try. Also, not only German, but Japanese Amazon can surprise one on occasion.

Back