2-stroke oil recommendations?

Supertech. The oil won't be an issue. Its the cheap Chinese engine. I would be somewhat easy on the engine at first and let it break in. The weakest link is just the cheap engine. 40:1 and let her buck!!!
Supertech IS good quality motorcycle oil when compared to what's on the shelf in China. These engines are so poor that they call for 20:1 mix.

Supertech IS good quality motorcycle oil when compared to what's on the shelf in China. These engines are so poor that they call for 20:1 mix.
Wow. 20:1. I ran a Yamaha 25hp outboard for a million hours at 100:1 with no issues. Different league of engine!!! At that rate of oil consumption I would be buying the cheapest oil I could find.

I have one of those harbor fright augers and it runs a rich 24:1 oil mix as well. I cannot understand why, as it ran fine when I used the true fuel 50:1 premix. just ran really rich with it (carb is non adjustable), I guess because the oil taking up combustion space wasn’t there. But why so rich on the oil with these small chinese engines.

When ever I need 2-smoke oil, I always reach for Yamalube.

For garden equipment, it's Craftsman synthetic, just because it comes pre-measured for 1-gal containers.

Back