1st oil change OEM Ford Filter

Actually the media was torn completely from the top on that one side and half down the middle and no center support tube was present. A tech brought out an OEM filter he just did on another new F150 and it had a center support tube. This filter was a clear defect and it failed.
Ouch.

My last 4 new car purchases had the oil/filter changed early. 3 when I pulled in the driveway the 1st... 4th went almost 500 miles because I was busy. I prefer to know exactly what oil/filter I have in my engine. I know better to believe that there isn't a slug of manufacturer/casting/assembly or break-in debris in the engine.

If the failure rate is 1/10%, and no one here is 99.9% perfect, you figure out how many defective filters are out there when 500 million are sold YEARLY in the USA. This is why I change my filter at EVERY oil change. This is why my oil change interval is not extended for any reason. No 10k or OLM believer here. This is why I am selective with the oil filters that I use(most of the time) and inspect them.

The vehicle has a warranty. And, typically when there is a warranty, I just don't care to worry about anything. Filters fail. It happens. Keep driving and maintaining. Deal with engine noises, consumption, issues... while under warranty.

My last 4 new car purchases had the oil/filter changed early. 3 when I pulled in the driveway the 1st... 4th went almost 500 miles because I was busy. I prefer to know exactly what oil/filter I have in my engine. I know better to believe that there isn't a slug of manufacturer/casting/assembly or break-in debris in the engine.

If the failure rate is 1/10%, and no one here is 99.9% perfect, you figure out how many defective filters are out there when 500 million are sold YEARLY in the USA. This is why I change my filter at EVERY oil change. This is why my oil change interval is not extended for any reason. No 10k or OLM believer here. This is why I am selective with the oil filters that I use(most of the time) and inspect them.

The vehicle has a warranty. And, typically when there is a warranty, I just don't care to worry about anything. Filters fail. It happens. Keep driving and maintaining. Deal with engine noises, consumption, issues... while under warranty.
Maybe you have better luck with Ford dealers than I do, but if it isn’t brought into the dealership on a flatbed, the local Ford dealers here don’t want to be bothered with any leaks, noises, or other minor (to them) issues, up to and including torque converter clutch issues, coolant leaks, axle noises, weird transmission problems, etc., etc.... If one is crazy enough to buy one, better try to take good care of it yourself-around here the dealer is better avoided if possible. My apologies to any decent Ford employees here, but it’s a party when the warranty expires!

Back